My First Mod Project. Pic Heavy!

Carlperkins

What are you going to buy next?. Also could you stick a few pics up of the frame with its new colors, Thanks

i've bought: -

a hope mono trials rear brake,

a tensile 60 click for £15 which will get here by friday

new crank bolts

a chain

other than that.. F.A. has happened, powder coating was meant to be done last friday but they didnt even start it!!

after a bit of a heated phone call they are doing it now and i will be picking it up on friday.

ill put some pics up of the hope etc asap.

all i need now is a hope front brake, and 2x 160mm rotors.

and im buying a green echo bashring off a mate soon when i get the cash.

but ive pretty much exhausted my money till i get paid.

i've bought: -

a hope mono trials rear brake,

a tensile 60 click for £15 which will get here by friday

new crank bolts

a chain

other than that.. F.A. has happened, powder coating was meant to be done last friday but they didnt even start it!!

after a bit of a heated phone call they are doing it now and i will be picking it up on friday.

ill put some pics up of the hope etc asap.

all i need now is a hope front brake, and 2x 160mm rotors.

and im buying a green echo bashring off a mate soon when i get the cash.

but ive pretty much exhausted my money till i get paid.

wait, haven't you already got 2 bashrings?

yeah i agreed to sell the onza one to my mate for pretty much the same price im buying the echo one for, and i prefer the echo one. i have to see what i end up like money wise before i decide. im a bit of a tart you see, like my bike to look good before i go destroy it. lol.

yeah someone mentioned they're zoo forks. ill change it in the 1st post now..

i should be picking up frame and forks this friday, so there will be a massive update friday night. (fingers crossed)

Got this and the same BB as you, works for me. Don't know if you want a new tool or not ?

my tool kinda worked, i had the BB nearly in, but i went to a local bike shop to see if they had the tool... they did.. the guy did it up and absoloutly raped the threads! he's pretty much destroyed the threads and the BB!! i was soooooo angry. ive taken it to a better bike shop and they are gonna tap it out and see whats what.

if its wrecked im gonna go back to the 1st place and demand compensation lol.

my tool kinda worked, i had the BB nearly in, but i went to a local bike shop to see if they had the tool... they did.. the guy did it up and absoloutly raped the threads! he's pretty much destroyed the threads and the BB!! i was soooooo angry. ive taken it to a better bike shop and they are gonna tap it out and see whats what.

if its wrecked im gonna go back to the 1st place and demand compensation lol.

Shouldve asked for compensation straight off the bat. Go back in there and ask for them to cover the cost of having it tapped. Even take them to small claims court. I know it sounds petty but I know from working in the bike shop just how truly terrible the mechanics can be (4/5 days a week I work with the manager, he's good, 1/5 days I work with the boss and refuse to let him touch a bike.)

That looks smashing! as for the BB, I had the same problem with my TrialTech BB as the tool didn’t fit over the spacer on the non-drive side, so I just put the non-drive side cup in first then the drive side, took a bit of playing about with to get the correct amount of threads in and tightness but I got there in the end and it works great.

I love it, But I wish you didn't put those tartybike stickers on, no offense to Adam but It just does not suit the bike.

In other places, I love it!. Too bad about the bottom bracket though >_<

Edited by F.N.G

I love it, But I wish you didn't put those tartybike stickers on, no offense to Adam but It just does not suit the bike.

In other places, I love it!. Too bad about the bottom bracket though >_<

to be honest mate im not feeling any of the stickers. the frames a weird shape so i couldn't stick them in very good places. the white trialtech and grey tartybike ones are the worst placed. i think ill end up taking them off pretty soon anyway.

the only sticker i like is the inspired one on the headtube.

I think it looks good with the stickers. Stops the bike just looking like a plain respray and the stickers co~ordinate with the other colours of the whole bike. They don't look out of place to me, but then again it's not my bike and all that matters is what your happy with mate. (Y)

yeah i was going to go for white bars but the flats were cheap and i blew my budget on the wheels lol.

i got it back from the bike shop today and they managed to tap out a new thread and install the BB for me, i was going to chase up the bike shop that f*cked it up but im going away for 3 months so wont have the time.

anyway the BB is in, cranks on, chain on, pedals on.

the rear brake has been adjusted but still feels pretty shite, the lever comes in a long way before it has complete hold on the rotor, i want it to bite as soon as i pull the lever but hey-ho, it will have to be looked at when i return.

i've put the right hand grip on and have bought a matching front hope trial for cheap.

may be able to get pictures up tomorrow,

cheers for reading people. all 2000 of you.