Mods - Maguras - Monty?!

trials26

Hi all,

I give up...

Since starting riding, I've always rode stock... more recently decided (wrongly) to dabble in a mod - being quite short I figured their might be some advantages,

anyway...

Ive now tried all ways - I notice alot / most run dual disc, is the reason for this that mod frames are renound for being flexy when using rim brakes or just a preference thing at current?

I have a monty kamel 220 and both brakes (setup fine - and now brand new) i can get the lever to touch the handlebar with no effort, is it just the kamel really is a bollox frame for this or are all mods similar due to (obviously) shorter tubing etc?

can anyone shed any advice please? or any experience?

p.s/ have a booster on the front, and a tnn integrated on the rear

thanks

Cheers for the replies guys, I'd had a freshen up with the brakes and not much joy, so I'll get the old hs33s a bleed, put them back on and so how it goes!

I think it's a combination of pads-wheel-frame-lever and together makes it seem large, the wheels are radial lased on the front and half on the rear which doesn't look to help, I'll have another good go tonight and see how it fairs! Thanks again for the help (and restoring faith!!)

Cheers

Loads better

I actually took some time with them tonight - never would have been the brakes, they were the only thing promising on the set-up thanks to isitafox!

changed the pads, took more time setting up, slightly put the tpa in a little and its now running quite nice - getting used to a mod though is crazy! such different technique to riding a stock!!

Thanks very much for the feedback etc!