New Tnn Be-Green Pads!

hulud

"Which pads are better, LGM (green) or Belaey (blue)?"

Combine the lock of the LGM and the modulation of the Belaey, add some glue and the result - new TNN Be-Green pad... interesting.

I saw these prototypes at TNN late last year and they looked promising, now in production!

They should be available from your local dealer shortly. More info here: http://tnnengineering.com/15701.html

I have a set on the way and will put them through a good test, I reckon!

**The Be-Greens are a limited run of 150 Magura and 30 Vee pads only!!**

TNN_BG1.jpg

TNN_BG3.jpg

TNN_BG5.jpg

*sorry if this is a double post, I thought I made a thread in the News forum yesterday but it's not there..

I thought the modulation on the blue pads was because of the chambered edges of the pad? and they look like they may rip out of the backing easy because they look like two peice pad material? They look stupid

The modulation of the Belaey pads is due to the compound not the chamfered edges. During testing we had no issues with the individual pad adhesion to the backing been any different reliability wise to a standard TNN pad.

• Like 1

Cant help but think that if this even works it should have been split the other way...

Do these compounds wear at the same rate too? Seems like an unnecesary 'advancement' to me, but that's probably because I don't bum my brakes.

• Like 1

Cant help but think that if this even works it should have been split the other way...

The combination of the LGM material facing forwards and the Belaey compound facing backwards delivers the best qualities of both compounds. The powerful locking of the LGM compound is utilised during gaps, pedal ups and on all moves where the forces are in a reversed direction. Whereas the Belaey compound provides modulating power for more control during normal forwards braking.

Never had a problem with my LGMs personally, but for the people out there who seem to want to constantly try different pads it gives them an option I guess :P Pretty much all the pads TNN do are really, really good so I'm sure these will be too.

Do these compounds wear at the same rate too? Seems like an unnecesary 'advancement' to me, but that's probably because I don't bum my brakes.

Only reason why the compounds are split front and back is to optimize the qualities of both compounds for reverse and forwards braking. Some riders like to run one LGM one one side and a Belaey on the other too.

The LGM last longer then the Belaeys but generally the front half (LGM) will wear faster then the back so it evens out nicely. This is unless you use your rim brake to slow down a lot.