My Steed!

Towler

yikes how he hell did you manage that? i've never so much as cracked a frame in 10 years never mind cut one in half wow :o hopefully you aren't hurt that could've been bad in so many ways

ah carbon fibre frame no wonder, well atleast you saved weight huh

Edited by old'scoolfool

yikes how he hell did you manage that? i've never so much as cracked a frame in 10 years never mind cut one in half wow :o hopefully you aren't hurt that could've been bad in so many ways

ah carbon fibre frame no wonder, well atleast you saved weight huh

Frame has taken sooooo much abuse! surprised that it has lasted this long. It has served me well. Was just before the last demo of the day… actually managed to do that by holding front brake and putting pressure on the pedals. So no injuries or anything!

Ach well new frame hopefully on the way!

Frame has taken sooooo much abuse! surprised that it has lasted this long. It has served me well. Was just before the last demo of the day… actually managed to do that by holding front brake and putting pressure on the pedals. So no injuries or anything!

Ach well new frame hopefully on the way!

you sponsored too? no injury and free replacement lucky bugger lol

Think you'll find that the carbon is just fine, its the top tube/down tube to headtube joint thats gone (Y).

Cheers,

Josh.

saw pic on my iphone i see what you mean, i still think a metal toptube would have took more of the impact but thats impossible to prove so ill shut up lol

Edited by old'scoolfool

you could argue if it was joined with the same metal as the headube it would have been stronger and would'nt have put so much stress on it, but you're right clearly silly me

Can't be arsed doing this one nicely first. Have a look at the snap, it's clearly metal that has snapped, and then the bond between aluminium and carbon as gone as a result of that. The carbon is obviously not damaged, or that's the most straight snap ever, as opposed to the alu snap which is far worse.

Then again, you'll just call me a douche and talk about being older and thus more right. Yawn.

saw pic on my iphone i see what you mean, i still think a metal toptube would have took more of the impact but thats impossible to prove so ill shut up lol

Not impossible, just time consuming :P.

I think im right in saying that it dosent have a downtube gusset? If so, there's your problem. All the stresses involved in that area would normally be disspersed ( apologies on the spelling :$ ) through that gusset, whereas here, the weld joining the 3 tubes is basically taking the hack, which is bad, as seen(Y)

Get a gusset on it and give it another go, was a nice looking frame :).

Cheers,

Josh.

Edit- Just had a look at the pictures mr travis put up of this, think the hydroforming in the down tube also had a big part to play in this snappage :) Putting quite a sharp recesse right next to the end of a welded joint that probably comes under the most stress of any part of the frame? Tut tut mr T.

Edited by Rob Leech

Not impossible, just time consuming :P.

I think im right in saying that it dosent have a downtube gusset? If so, there's your problem. All the stresses involved in that area would normally be disspersed ( apologies on the spelling :$ ) through that gusset, whereas here, the weld joining the 3 tubes is basically taking the hack, which is bad, as seen(Y)

Get a gusset on it and give it another go, was a nice looking frame :).

Cheers,

Josh.

Edit- Just had a look at the pictures mr travis put up of this, think the hydroforming in the down tube also had a big part to play in this snappage :) Putting quite a sharp recesse right next to the end of a welded joint that probably comes under the most stress of any part of the frame? Tut tut mr T.

you need to design bikes lad if you dont already most these modern trials companys dont' consider strength their priority they're blinded by the weight weenies :P

don't let monsieur monkey see your spelling he'll give you an english lesson :lol:

Edited by old'scoolfool