Inspired Hex

mintsauce

This summer I've had two bikes built up. An Echo Control for natural and an Inspired Hex for street and skate park.

There was only one problem. The Hex was so fun to ride that, despite loving riding in the mountains in North Wales, I was basically only riding street.

So despite having Maxxis Holy Rollers front and rear, a smooth rear rim, and a fairly heavy spec, I started riding the Hex for natural too. It was awesome! The Holy Rollers seemed fine but the rear brake didn't really hold whenever I got mud on the rim.

Most importantly - the Hex was so much more fun for natural than the Echo! So fun in fact that I de-built the Echo Control and used the lightweight parts to build up my Hex frame as a test. Amazing! Fun, fun, fun!!! (and not only really light weight but the rear brake actually worked. The sticky tyres and wide rear rim didn't do any harm either!)

Being scared to bash it around too much in the skate park or street, due to the lightweight spec, I am building another Hex frame for street with heavier/stronger parts, Inspired rims (CNC sidewall, no grind) and the Holy Roller tyres asap.

Have a look....

All photos by Paul Higginson, Resolution Video.

6056211100_f811b34549.jpg

Untitled by bberis, on Flickr

6053129848_619b786231.jpg

6055661015_46d34d651a.jpg

Chain and Red by bberis, on Flickr

6056206020_110a4ef133.jpg

Chain. by bberis, on Flickr

6055662505_05dbd39657.jpg

Black Grip. by bberis, on Flickr

6052578837_b5456fc836.jpg

Inspired pixels by bberis, on Flickr

6055663089_9cff557f12.jpg

Be Inspired .. by bberis, on Flickr

6056208754_ae3c431d15.jpg

Stopping Power. by bberis, on Flickr

6056207440_fbf8eaaf0e.jpg

Stop It. by bberis, on Flickr

6055659737_f5a3570e77.jpg

6053128394_517c6a7543.jpg

Red Inspired. by bberis, on Flickr

EDIT: To wasn't a 100% swap from the Echo frame to the Hex:

I changed the stem (From a 120mm Trialtech to a 90mm Hope stem), the forks (from Echo Control to Inspired Team) and the front brake (from a maggy to a Hope Ti disc).

Edited by mintsauce

It looks awsome Matt! great spec. love the sunset superman pic ^_^

Cheers! thumbsupanim.gif

Bike looks awesome, I too am thinking of doing something similar. Do you think it would be fairly easy to make a nice do it all rig? Basically just want to hear some more from you about the hex :P

Yeah, for a 'do-it-all' trials bike then I personally can't think of anything out there at the moment that is better.

I would say that Ashton's Hex, that he uses at the moment in demos, pretty much defines do-it-all trials bike. To be fair it's only a subtle tweak or two away from the off the shelf Inspired Hex Team.

6048970743_8651311255.jpg

After being one of the main sponsors of TartyDays, Dave & Jon @ Inspired are continuing to help me with an upcoming project I am fortunate enough to be involved in.

The project is absolutely the only reason why I have chosen to go down the route of one 'lightweight for natural' Hex build and also one 'strong and spinny for street' Hex build - otherwise I would build one do-it-all Hex and just go get the fun.

I can't speak highly enough of the Hex. My personal experience is that it retains nearly all the positives from the 24” Inspired fourplay I owned (and loved) but with the added trials specific benefits of being a26”

Hope that helps!

man i wont a hex so mach..bike looks awsome!

but can you please uploud a "normal" photo of the bike

just one proper sideview so i could anderstand what spec you got there.

Any questions on the specific spec just drop me a PM mate.

thumbsupanim.gif

Well, I said I was going to sell the Echo... FOR SALE THREAD - With loads of other stuff for sale too

I know, I know, hijacking your own thread with a for sale post is the lowest of the low! blushing.gif