Loose Cranks

NotGonnaLie

So, i've had my phase 1.2 for about 2 months now... and recently a crank fell off, because it appears not to have been tightened properly...

So i tightened it up, and it loosened again... I repeated this and it started to get loose again...

Now i've tightened it again, and this time i've done it really tight, and it doesn't seem to be coming loose.. yet,

Basically the question is, what's most likely to be causing this problem? As the thread in the BB and on the crank bolt both seem to be fine.

Thanks

If the bike's brand new I'd put it down to the cranks bedding in on the bottom bracket splines.

When you get a new BB and set of cranks they tend to not go on all the way so need tightening up every 40 mins or so for the first few weeks till they've properly bedded in. That may be the cause of the problem.

i got a second hand bike and the crank is lose its taper. i thought to tighten the bolt it was supposed to go the same way as the pedal goes to prevent it being undone when you pedal but mine tightens the opposite way to the pedal? has someone been a numpty?

i got a second hand bike and the crank is lose its taper. i thought to tighten the bolt it was supposed to go the same way as the pedal goes to prevent it being undone when you pedal but mine tightens the opposite way to the pedal? has someone been a numpty?

On both of the crank bolts, They should turn right and tighten on both sides. If the crank starts wobbling and the bolt undos fairly quickly your cranks/bb might be warn due to it being second hand.

Your thinking of the pedals in the sense the thread goes the way the pedal rotates.

Edited by trials owns