Please Close

harmertrials

I completely understand the comments being made in regard to the magura. I have to admit what I did was wrong, and infact I do regret it a lot. To be honest I would probably react in a similar manner if it was the other way around, so I'm not going to argue or anything as I can't blame you. But I have to say that if you were to meet me in real life I genuinely don't think you'd see me as a 'c*nt', I'm a supportive rider and still travel the country riding and meeting new people. I eventually (be it far too late) sent the lad a much nicer magura, with a fresh bleed and some brand new pads. As a way of apologising for being such a fanny about it.

With regard to all the comments made on the bike itself, thank you. I just went for a first ride on it since having an operation early last month. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Edited by harmertrials

Rode with Jack today, have to say the bike looks bloody amazing. He's riding really well considering he hasn't rode for over a month after his operation, and teaching me loads too. :D

You guys, should really get over the dispute against Jack. It's been sorted now, stop giving him shit over it. It was between him and the lad that lent him the brake, stop getting involved in it & bringing it up time and time again.

Jack sent him a muuuch better brake, with pads, than the one the he originally borrowed (the one he borrowed didn't even work anyway).

Jack, you really do suit this setup though. (Y)

• Like 1

Rode with Jack today, have to say the bike looks bloody amazing. He's riding really well considering he hasn't rode for over a month after his operation, and teaching me loads too. :D

You guys, should really get over the dispute against Jack. It's been sorted now, stop giving him shit over it. It was between him and the lad that lent him the brake, stop getting involved in it & bringing it up time and time again.

Jack sent him a muuuch better brake, with pads, than the one the he originally borrowed (the one he borrowed didn't even work anyway).

Jack, you really do suit this setup though. (Y)

You are a proper fanny. Who gives a f**k if it didnt work as well or what ever. Stealing is stealing. sticking up for the guy too, brown nosing or what.

I think its great that its not.just between jack and the guy he took it from as at least alot of people on here realise what an utter shitbag he is !

but props for admitting youre a douche, not even hitler did that.

I completely understand the comments being made in regard to the magura. I have to admit what I did was wrong, and infact I do regret it a lot. To be honest I would probably react in a similar manner if it was the other way around, so I'm not going to argue or anything as I can't blame you. But I have to say that if you were to meet me in real life I genuinely don't think you'd see me as a 'c*nt', I'm a supportive rider and still travel the country riding and meeting new people. I eventually (be it far too late) sent the lad a much nicer magura, with a fresh bleed and some brand new pads. As a way of apologising for being such a fanny about it.

I did meet you in person, and you seemed like a decent, friendly enough lad. First impressions can be wrong too, be it online or in person.

It's not always the Final Solution that defines the way things went, but the way you get there (just look at Hitler...)

Yeah, well done for realising it.

You are a proper fanny. Who gives a f**k if it didnt work as well or what ever. Stealing is stealing. sticking up for the guy too, brown nosing or what.

I think its great that its not.just between jack and the guy he took it from as at least alot of people on here realise what an utter shitbag he is !

but props for admitting youre a douche, not even hitler did that.

Sorry if I'm a fanny for sticking up for someone, I'm just giving my truthful opinion.

And yeah it is just between the guy who lent him the brake and Jack, but like half the forum felt like it was their right to get involved and go to his work & stuff... At least he did the decent thing in the end, and sent an even nicer brake off as an apology.

Could we try and stay on topic though please? A bike thread's a bike thread, not what you think of the person who rides it.

And yeah it is just between the guy who lent him the brake and Jack, but like half the forum felt like it was their right to get involved and go to his work & stuff... At least he did the decent thing in the end, and sent an even nicer brake off as an apology.

"Hey, that guy is stealing that woman's handbag."

"Don't get involved, it's between those two."

Nice moves bro.

Well what do you think people like me are doing....? Sticking up for the kid who Jack was a bum to. That is our 'truthful opinion'.

Once again you're really quite wrong. It's not just between Jack and the guy who lost his brake - it's amongst the collective forum and the trials community. Isn't that one of the biggest, most important aspects of being a biker, that it is a community where people support one another. Well that's what people did in this case and collectively stuck up for the kid who Jack took advantage of. Quite fair i'd say.

There was nothing decent about what Jack did. Enough pressure forced him to do something about it. It wasn't out of the goodness of his heart, and the fact than in the first place he felt like it was even justifiable to steal from a kid is absolutely disgusting. Makes it even worse that it was a fellow rider who actually was helping Jack out, out of the goodness of his heart. To take advantage of someones misplaced kindness is indicative to me of someone who'd i'd really not get along with at all.

Jack i can guarantee if i ever met you (and i hope i do someday) that i will certainly find you a fanny, and what's more is that will probably be the kindest thing you'll have to say about me. Granted you can see it as a minor dispute of which there are many here on TF, however as long as Jack continues to post away and enjoy his time here on TF i shall happily act as a reminder of what a selfish, ignorant person he is. Perhaps if Jack wasn't such an arrogant bafoon about it, and the guy he stole from wasn't so kind and for some reason understanding then maybe i wouldn't really care.....but he was, and i do.

In fact. I cant see the point in contributing to this anymore.

Come on, have some conviction in your comments. I never got to see either of your replies, but I imagine due to the fact you've deleted them they weren't particularly strong arguments. You know you haven't got a leg to stand on, and you know what I'm saying is right. If someone stole from you I imagine you'd be quite pleased if other riders helped you out? Well that's all people did here - just trying to help Ollie get his possessions back so I don't see why you're so against that and insist on defending Jack's obviously inexcusable behaviour?

Jack and the guy he stole from weren't mates so your little £1 analogy doesn't work at all. Comparing friends lending something or low value to one another compared to the theft off a stranger of something of a much higher value is such a weak argument that I don't really need to go in to it to show you the many flaws in what you're saying.

Also, don't tell people to 'SHUT UP' - firstly it's rude, secondly why would I pay any notice to it? I'm not going to do so just because you've said it in upper case letters. Again...this is a public forum - a place of debate, discussion and for giving opinions. That's all I'm doing in a calm, inoffensive manner - just having my point of view, which I have explained time and time again. If you can't cope with that on a sensible level then maybe you shouldn't contribute any further, as I'm still failing to see exactly what point you're making.

Come on, have some conviction in your comments. I never got to see either of your replies, but I imagine due to the fact you've deleted them they weren't particularly strong arguments. You know you haven't got a leg to stand on, and you know what I'm saying is right. If someone stole from you I imagine you'd be quite pleased if other riders helped you out? Well that's all people did here - just trying to help Ollie get his possessions back so I don't see why you're so against that and insist on defending Jack's obviously inexcusable behaviour?

Jack and the guy he stole from weren't mates so your little £1 analogy doesn't work at all. Comparing friends lending something or low value to one another compared to the theft off a stranger of something of a much higher value is such a weak argument that I don't really need to go in to it to show you the many flaws in what you're saying.

Also, don't tell people to 'SHUT UP' - firstly it's rude, secondly why would I pay any notice to it? I'm not going to do so just because you've said it in upper case letters. Again...this is a public forum - a place of debate, discussion and for giving opinions. That's all I'm doing in a calm, inoffensive manner - just having my point of view, which I have explained time and time again. If you can't cope with that on a sensible level then maybe you shouldn't contribute any further, as I'm still failing to see exactly what point you're making.

Im in no way saying I wouldn't accept support from other riders. I think its great that you and others supported Ollie 'at the time'.

Like I said in my second comment in here, I think people should stop dwelling over the past and move on.

Yes, Jacks behaviour was inexcusable. But what of the other disputes here on the forum??

Jack is the only person on here I seem to see being given stick as a result of a forum dispute.

I have my opinion, you have yours.

The point I was making, was that I failed to see why people still bring up old news? Why people feel the need to hold a constant grudge.

That was MY opinion. Just like you have yours.

You clearly feel it to be your duty to criticize every other comment you see to be out of line with your opinion.

Your wasting your time on me, because my views haven't changed slightly, as I imagine yours wont.

I chose to delete my comments because I wished to no longer have input in relation to this incident, not because I thought that I wasn't putting up a strong argument.

Please turn your opinions on someone else, because I for one don't wish to hear them.

• Like 1

Matthew, it seems that to be trying to get everyone to share the same opinion as you. It's not working for me though, I don't disrespect Jack any less than I did before the dispute. Like Echo said, it seems like "Jack is the only person on here I seem to see being given stick as a result of a forum dispute."

You probably wouldn't say anything to Jack if you saw him in person, because usually, if someone has nothing good to say, they don't say anything... People make mistakes sometimes and Jack realised this and gave the kid an apology plus better parts back. I can safely say that Jack is a really nice guy in person, I'm not 'arselicking' him or anything, just my opinion and the truth.

Matthew you can continue to think whatever what want of Jack, I'm not telling you to change your views towards him. But it seems like you're always bad-mouthing him whenever he posts, it's in the past now so move on.

• Like 1

Just my opinion and the truth.

Say what?

He did something wrong, people hold it against him, regardless of when it was. There's a reason why people get labeled scammers on here, so they can't do it again, and so people know what they did, it's held against them. The slate should not get wiped clean when you f**k up.

• Like 1

You probably wouldn't say anything to Jack if you saw him in person, because usually, if someone has nothing good to say, they don't say anything...

How wrong you are.

I don't want anyone to share my opinion - it's mine and i'm sticking with it. I don't see how i'm trying to get people to agree with me? I imagine anyone with any form on conscience naturally would, but it's not like i'm recruiting.

Lot's of things are in the past, but it doesn't mean they should be forgotten.

• Like 2

Right, first of all that bike does look really nice.

And Jack you do deserve what people are saying up to a point.. But we all know on here that is Jack needed something in the future, chances are you'd think twice about lending him something, but this is besides the point. The forum did successfully help Jack to realise that trials riders stick together, and realistically people would hate him (more than at present) if he didn't return it. Funnily enough I also met Jack, seemed like a decent enough lad. Until he had my magura and buggered off home. So that argument is completely invalid.

As for said 'much nicer magura', I admit it was a newer style lever with some used onza citrus pads. Didn't exactly put me in a state where I'd lend anything out soon, without some sort of security. And for the 'muuuch better brake, with pads, than the one the he originally borrowed (the one he borrowed didn't even work anyway).' The brake was of equal value to the one I lent, and to be honest I'd like the one I actually lent him back, because that's how lending works.

Matthew is just doing what you would expect from a community, he's helping out another rider. By doing the exact thing that made Jack send the brake back in the first place, by showing that people are actually on my side and won't just ignore it like 'OnzaKid' here. He also has a good point, if I saw someone lending something to Harmer I'd discourage them because it's happened to me. Yes, it was in the past.. But you can't steal a handbag and then a few weeks later approach the woman you stole it from and expect her to respect you.

• Like 3

Right, first of all that bike does look really nice.

And Jack you do deserve what people are saying up to a point.. But we all know on here that is Jack needed something in the future, chances are you'd think twice about lending him something, but this is besides the point. The forum did successfully help Jack to realise that trials riders stick together, and realistically people would hate him (more than at present) if he didn't return it. Funnily enough I also met Jack, seemed like a decent enough lad. Until he had my magura and buggered off home. So that argument is completely invalid.

As for said 'much nicer magura', I admit it was a newer style lever with some used onza citrus pads. Didn't exactly put me in a state where I'd lend anything out soon, without some sort of security. And for the 'muuuch better brake, with pads, than the one the he originally borrowed (the one he borrowed didn't even work anyway).' The brake was of equal value to the one I lent, and to be honest I'd like the one I actually lent him back, because that's how lending works.

Matthew is just doing what you would expect from a community, he's helping out another rider. By doing the exact thing that made Jack send the brake back in the first place, by showing that people are actually on my side and won't just ignore it like 'OnzaKid' here. He also has a good point, if I saw someone lending something to Harmer I'd discourage them because it's happened to me. Yes, it was in the past.. But you can't steal a handbag and then a few weeks later approach the woman you stole it from and expect her to respect you.

Wise words bud! (Y)

I'm sorry guys, I didn't mean to get into some sort of forum argument... But I accept your opinions, and I do think that Jack was silly for what he did but I still respect him as much as I did before the dispute.

Lets stop the silly discussion and keep this on topic with the bike from now on? You can keep talking about the dispute if you like (I'm not going to stop you from sharing your opinion), but could do you it somewhere other than this bike thread please. :)

Edited by OnzaKid