Bizarre Request, I've Lost Creativity...

MadManMike

As some of you know I play at a local hard dance night called EPIC. Hard Dance isn't my main style, in fact I barely ever play it other than at EPIC.

For October's set I'm planning on playing a "mashup" set - I'm editing loads of plain tracks to feature well known vocals over the top so I can play a unique set but still have people familiar with the vocals (The idea is to get more mainstream folk to stay in the venue, as they usually leave when hard dance comes on - I figured I'd hold their attention if they could sing along)

Anyway, I'm struggling. So far I've made two tracks, one with Bloc Party's 'Mercury' on and one with Adele's 'Rolling In The Deep' on. I really, really, really don't want any generic trance-infused RnB vocals over the top, autotuned bollocks that is all over the radio at the moment.

So, any suggestions as to what you think might work?

Hip Hop and RnB never work on hard dance of any style so don't even suggest it :P

If anyone wants to hear a track I've done, let me know and I'll upload one. The idea is to have an hours worth of tracks I've edited.

Nope, they blocked it due to copyright (Weird...)

I'll up it to Zippyshare.

Ideal thanks mate. Is there any way I could get those old mixes, they were truly brilliant and despite me only having them for 6 months before changing laptop they had over 100 plays each! I'd love to get a copy of them if anybody on here has them still?

I think Emeli Sande could be a good vocalist to sample. Really liking some of her stuff at the mo. (Personally I quite like her vocals in Chipmonks-Diamond Rings and Heaven is another favourite.

Delilah-Go (or the orginal sample Chaka Kahn-Ain't No Body)

Chase and Status seem to like thier Loleatta Holloway

Ideal thanks mate. Is there any way I could get those old mixes, they were truly brilliant and despite me only having them for 6 months before changing laptop they had over 100 plays each! I'd love to get a copy of them if anybody on here has them still?

Pretty sure I got Oktober one. My laptops about to die but ill look in the morning. Let me know if you want it.