Bunnyhop On A 26"? Help!

monty221ti

Hey Guys

I was wondering, How Can i bunnyhop on my 26" bike? Its an echo pure sl with a monty 221 SSS fork, a echo sl handlebar and a echo tr 165x25 stem. I am running one echo spacer and my bar is turned a good bit forward if That makes a difference.

Do i need to change something? Or what?

My Technic is pretty dialled as i Am riding mod also, on mod i Can bunnyhop 115-120cm but on Stock i just cant get it, the front stops going up when its 10-20cm above ground?

To the post above, i can not loop the bike over.

I Will try Your advices tomorrow.

Edited by monty221ti

your bike setup sounds like the most anti-bunnyhop setup I have heard of. If you don't want to buy new stuff (like a shorter higher stem and higher bars) then the first thing I would be doing is tilting the bars back. If you don't want to do that then you are going to have to admit that that will be hard to bunnyhop.

i find bunnyhoping over objects or onto walls easier than bunnyhoping from a stand still, i tend to loop out when trying to bunnyhop on the spot,

so i would advice trying a rolling bunnyhop up a curb to start with, then try something a little higher and so on,

getting the front end up is the easy part, the biggest part to master is sucking the back end up, just keep practising and you will master it in no time.

• Like 1

your bike setup sounds like the most anti-bunnyhop setup I have heard of. If you don't want to buy new stuff (like a shorter higher stem and higher bars) then the first thing I would be doing is tilting the bars back. If you don't want to do that then you are going to have to admit that that will be hard to bunnyhop.

I Will try to Fit a monty bar and tilt it back, cheers!

Edited by monty221ti

i know the stem is big, but i just cant ride a 26" stem :(

Well stick to mod then :P

The reach of the Echo Lite is 600mm, so if you say VERY approximately that the stem carries on in the same direction, that's about 765mm from BB to bars.

The Pure is 665mm, so with that same stem it's pushed out to 830mm from BB to bars.

The Inspireds, that most people would probably agree are the most bunnyhop-happy bikes about have a reach of 660mm, and are usually used with a <100mm stem. And that's for the trialsy ones. The streety ones are more like 50-70, from what I've seen, which makes the reach somewhere around 740mm.

Obviously bar height comes in to this a lot, but that'll take much more explaining :P As Ali said - if you won't change your stem to something less extreme, you'll have to accept that you'll find it a very-difficult-to-bunnyhop bike.