Onza Zoot 2010 Or 2011

ropez

Hey guys!

This is my first post here, and i really enjoy the site being really useful for non-trial bikers trying to get into it.

To me:

I started trial biking on a normal cheap mtb when i was about 11 years old, started riding skateboard 13, and still rode bike from times to time.

At the age of 17~ i went back to riding my old mtb trial, but started to bmx at 18/19 cause there was nobody doing trial bike who was at my skill level.

After one week of riding the bmx i borrowed i removed brakes, because i didnt really seem to need them. 900° tailtaps were the best i did.

Now i am 27 and im really keen on getting back to trial again.

Because i bought a new BMX 2 years ago i dont want to spend too much money, so i was looking at the onza zoot bikes (street/bmx style, i always did - 24'').

So i have the option.

The onza 2010 or the new 2012?

The 2010 seems to have "better" tires, beause I see maxxis holy roller on all complete 24s.

What should i get? Also thought about the Inspired Fourplay Pro. But stingy as i am i dont really want to spend that much, plus there is no dealer in my country (Austria).

Thanks for all replies!

Edited by ropez

sorry, i dont know why i cant edit my post again, i obviously mean the zoot 2010 vs zoot 2012!

go 2010, but wait around to get a second hand one that's already been upgraded.

The 2012 only seems to have different tyres and the main colour is orange instead of green, everything else is the same.

BB? sorry dont know about that.

BB= Bottom bracket. That's the bit that threads into the frame with bearings and an axle onto which the cranks etc. bolt onto.

To be honest, I would choose the one you prefer the colours of. The tyre difference is basically a non-issue and I'd actually prefer having the 2.3" K-Rads front and rear rather than having a 1.85" on the front. I personally prefer the black and orange of the 2012 but that may not be the same for you!

If you can stretch to the Inspired then it's definitely a better bike and as a note it appears that Thomas Ohler acts as a distributor for Inspired Bicycles in Austria through Smooth.at.

prize of 2010 and 2012 are the same.

@ Carlperkins why go 2010?

BB? sorry dont know about that.

price is the same??? maybe if you buy new. i bet you could get a upgraded 2nd hand 2010 for less than a new 2012..

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/buysell/item/283-onza-zoot-custom/ - thats not a good example as the price is too high and the mods arent that great but you get the gist ;)

i thought the newer one had a shit freewheel, the 2010 has a tensile (yummy)the 1012 is "18T Onza freewheel fitted to the cranks for great pedalling response, running 18-14 gear ratio." i think the 60click on the 2010 made it a proper bargain... if the new freewheel isn't up to spec you need to weigh in the extra £50+ for a suitable freewheel...

Not sure where you got that from, with the listing on Tarty clearly stating +30 :P

I've got one of the proto's here which was higher, but all the production ones have been sensible figures :)

someone said it in the post bout the new onza's in news on here so i may be wrong well probably am