Abel Mustieles Leaves Koxx

Lokoxx

Weight is almost the most important feature of the M5. Due to the new material in frame and fork, Monty wants to keep the lightest possible weight to show off to public. Dual magura saves around 500g in comparison to dual hope!

Yesterday´s afternoon Abel was interviewed in spanish TV channel Teledeporte, in the TVE studios. The interviewers just took into consideration Abel and Benito, and spoke about them as "the 2 world references in 20"... Just outlining this bit, seems to me Dani Comas has been placed into a "2nd priority"... I would have paid to see his face at the moment he was watching the interview at home :shifty:

Why dont they use duel vee then because thats even lighter! Wonder what it would come out as with a SUPER LIGHT build, like the 58g tubes, vee brakes, bashring, Ti spokes, etc..

• Because the frames dont have vee mounts
  • Using adaptors would increase the weight considerably

I havent seen any comp riders running vee for a few years ( I know Ali did at one time and won a round of the worlds on Vee, but it certainly isnt very popular anymore. ) I don't know whether they're just seen as outdated or are actually worse.... but if i was building a mod I'd always go dual disc personally :)

Alex

Really don´t know if he was being cheecky haha

However, yeah, the hs33 adaptors will increase the weight so it will make no sense using vees for saving a few grams.

Maguras are great, although in natural comps, the best option in mods is always a Hope.