Fitting An Echo Headset

trialsnoobie

If you want to do it yourself then the best way is to rest the other side of the headtube on a block of wood to hold it square and steady then sit the cup which you'll be fitting onto the top straight, get another block of wood pref at least half an inch thick which covers the cup and use this to knock it in (with a hammer obviously) trying to keep it nice and square. It's easier if you have someone to help hold the frame steady whilst you do this. Once one cup is in just flip the frame over and repeat!

You can also use 2 piece of wood (blocks of hard wood), drill a hole in each so you can put a threaded rod (bar?) through. You will also need 2 bolt nuts and 2 washers.

This way you can press in the first cup by tightening the bolt nuts. Once the first cup is seated, unscrew the bolt nut and repeat with the second cup -> less danger of tilting (canting?) the cups.

(sorry for my probably bad english, hope you could understand it)

Edited by Onze

yeah smartarse of course it would, tarty make is sound like theyre notched to just fit in easy which is bollox

The crown race IS notched, and IS easy to fit, which isn't "bollox".

- Split top and bottom wedges for easy installation and removal.

Where does that mention anything at all about cups?

• Like 1

The crown race IS notched, and IS easy to fit, which isn't "bollox".

Where does that mention anything at all about cups?

meh split top and bottom crown races would have been a bit more clearer who calls them wedges!

always arsey replys with you guys its a wonder why anyone buys from you dick heads

• Like 1

and when have you ever heard of headset cups referred to as wedges?

just because you misunderstood the description is no reason to get arsey about it

no no you're clearly mistaken Mark W was the one being arsey, it could have been rephased better for noobs thats all i was saying untwist your panties

Seem's like you are a Bristol rider, have we seen you on a ride before?

Cheers

James

i only ride with my 2 mates were pretty new/crap so wouldn't want to get shown up lol

no no you're clearly mistaken Mark W was the one being arsey, it could have been rephased better for noobs thats all i was saying untwist your panties

i only ride with my 2 mates were pretty new/crap so wouldn't want to get shown up lol

Don't worry... I couldn't even rear wheel hop when I started riding with Ben Rowlands and the likes, everyone is super friendly and helpful! There are a few new guys around at the moment so it'd be cool to see some new faces :)

What do you ride? B)

James

Don't worry... I couldn't even rear wheel hop when I started riding with Ben Rowlands and the likes, everyone is super friendly and helpful! There are a few new guys around at the moment so it'd be cool to see some new faces :)

What do you ride? B)

James

i ride a blue phase with pretty naff parts but i like it, where do you ride i haven't got that confident so dont venture too far from my back garden with it i have a load of pallets and a giant spool thing setup out the back so we can fall of in peace lol

i ride a blue phase with pretty naff parts but i like it, where do you ride i haven't got that confident so dont venture too far from my back garden with it i have a load of pallets and a giant spool thing setup out the back so we can fall of in peace lol

Fair shout. We ride everywhere. Cumberland basin is pretty good, but normally castle park, the amphitheater, the railway tracks and the town center are our usual hide outs! You are more than welcome, new riders are great for the sport!

James

meh split top and bottom crown races would have been a bit more clearer who calls them wedges!

always arsey replys with you guys its a wonder why anyone buys from you dick heads

You're welcome to spout "gems" like this:

this looks pathetic my 12 year old cousin even rides a 24" trials bike, challenge yourself dani

...whenever you want, but it's a bit different when you're trying to say we're talking "bollox" because you couldn't understand a description.

chill out there's a tonne of vids on youtube instructing how, it's fairly easy if you buy a tool like this you'll save a few pennies too i got one last week and they work great http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEADSET-PRESS-INSERTION-TOOL-LOW-COST-HANDLE-/110778960896?pt=UK_Spots_Leisure_Cycling_Tools_RepairKits&hash=item19caf0cc00

Edited by old'scoolfool

chill out there's a tonne of vids on youtube instructing how, it's fairly easy if you buy a tool like this you'll save a few pennies too i got one last week and they work great http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEADSET-PRESS-INSERTION-TOOL-LOW-COST-HANDLE-/110778960896?pt=UK_Spots_Leisure_Cycling_Tools_RepairKits&hash=item19caf0cc00

Speaking of gems, I think I might buy one of those. Thanks for the link

• 3 weeks later...