The Charity Beast!

MonsieurMonkey

Okay, so here it is. After many weeks waiting and probably about 6 hours of killing myself. It's done, I ain't doing a spec, mainly because I don't know my self. And only one picture, mainly because I'm not a photographer, nor is the bike clean or pretty.

Front brake isn't working, I need a little grub screw to get that sorted, no idea if things on the rear wheel are right. (I think they're for 360 drop outs, but right now it's all I have, so yeah.) My back hurts, pretty much every one of my fingers has been injured, I hate cutting brake cable, I hate setting up vees, I hate cutting down seat tubes, I hate that my forks are still wobbling but it seems intermittent, which is f**king annoying when trying to work out whatever it is. But I love my bike. Putting it together was a son of a bitch, but when it was finished I was proper chuffed.

Finally a huge thanks to everyone who helped me with this, whether you gave me free shit or cheap shit, or even full priced shit, thanks a lot. I had a list of names, but it's taken me so long to sort I'm not sure where it is, anonymous appreciation is far more fulfilling anyway. Big kudos to Rainbird, who has put up with a ridiculous amount of PMs and has always helped me out with info instead of telling me to get f**ked and google it myself. That isn't favouritism, but he started the charity thread and sent me essays on how to do stuff. Anyway, thanks to you all. I'm going to lie down, my back is seriously killing.

post-30071-0-48367700-1322920244_thumb.j

• Like 7

I hate that my forks are still wobbling but it seems intermittent, which is f**king annoying when trying to work out whatever it is.

Thats your headset, you need to tighten the bolt that goes though the topcap, dont over do it though, just enough to stop the wobble.

Edited by Laurence--Trials

awesome, proper glad to see this all come together, and it actually looks really nice aswell (Y) it looks like a much stronger version of a standard zoot, i bet it rides noice aswell i really think the zoot feels a hell of a lot better without a front freewheel! it hardly looks like a charity beast now i'd be quite happy to ride that! i want those middleburns aswell :) !

it sounds like your going through exactly the same thing though as i did when i bought that frame at the beginning of the year, serious back pain, i was in agony for about 6 months every day, and now i think im just used to it or something but my back feels a lot better than it did a few months ago, hope the pain doesn't get too bad for you though bud.. be cool to see some riding footage in the next few months even if all there is to ride is ice and snow everywere :D

Good to see my spares bin in full use there!!! As you said, yeah that rear wheel's set up for 360 dropouts, can either switch the big spacers for washers, or put a standard QR through it if you don't wanna run that :)

Does it matter? If the wheels not gonna slip out I'll leave it until a later date. But if I'm going to die because of It I'll get it sorted :P