Back Lgm Front Belaey?

cunny12345

Hi guys, i need to buy new refills on the back and new pads on the front as im going front maggy, i was hoping to go duel lgm but looking on tarty and they only have lgm's left in the refills, i was thinking of going lgm back and belaey front, would that be any good? if not what do you recommend?

Matt.

a 1000 pardons sir sorry for not being on here to read every single thread like you, a yes or no would have sufficed but act like a tool instead

Didnt mean to offend you. I dont read every single thread on here ( dont have enough time! ) but i've been on this forum for a couple of years now. This question always pops up every now and again, that there's a difference between the pads direct from Michel compared to Steve @ Heatsink. If you email Steve direct then he will tell you that the compound is exactly the same. He gets it in a sheet form and cuts it himself, which could explain why it might look different.

Sorry for coming across like a knob. :)

Edit: Take a look at this thread mate. Will find your answer in here. :)

My link

Edited by Sam T
  • Like 1

Didnt mean to offend you. I dont read every single thread on here ( dont have enough time! ) but i've been on this forum for a couple of years now. This question always pops up every now and again, that there's a difference between the pads direct from Michel compared to Steve @ Heatsink. If you email Steve direct then he will tell you that the compound is exactly the same. He gets it in a sheet form and cuts it himself, which could explain why it might look different.

My link

YESSS!! Thanks, glad I read this thread as was gutted when Nick Manning ran out of Cousts.

Least I know the heatsink ones are exactly the same xD

What is better though? - LGM, Belaeys or Coust?

My link

i appreciate you clearing that up because i've only started using this site again in the last month or two and kept reading conflicting reports, i'f that's the case surely the heatsink cnc backings make them more value for money and therefor better

back when i started we had two choices magura black or magura red oh how times have changed!

i appreciate you clearing that up because i've only started using this site again in the last month or two and kept reading conflicting reports, i'f that's the case surely the heatsink cnc backings make them more value for money and therefor better

back when i started we had two choices magura black or magura red oh how times have changed!

No worries! Yep if you havnt already, I'd go for something with CNC backings. If you buy Heatsink backings, then all refills will fit in them apart from the Tnn pads. Once you've bought a set of CNC backings you can buy refills and reuse the backings, works out cheaper over a period of time. (Y)

No worries! Yep if you havnt already, I'd go for something with CNC backings. If you buy Heatsink backings, then all refills will fit in them apart from the Tnn pads. Once you've bought a set of CNC backings you can buy refills and reuse the backings, works out cheaper over a period of time. (Y)

Didn't know that TNN's won't fit in Heatsink backings, do Heatsinks fit in TNN backings?

Didn't know that TNN's won't fit in Heatsink backings, do Heatsinks fit in TNN backings?

They can fit with some minor modifications including a stanley blade! From the top of my head, its easy to cut up a pair of Heatsink/Phat/Rockman pads to fit into Tnn backings, but a bit more difficult to do Tnn into Heatsink/Phat/Rockman backings. But it can be done! :)

but a bit more difficult to do Tnn into Heatsink/Phat/Rockman backings. But it can be done! :)

my LGMs went into phat backings with ease :P , but yeah as sam explained, you usually can get any pad in any backing with a bit of cutting/sanding down

not going to get into the coust debate, but ive had both and they are certainly not the same!

my LGMs went into phat backings with ease :P , but yeah as sam explained, you usually can get any pad in any backing with a bit of cutting/sanding down

not going to get into the coust debate, but ive had both and they are certainly not the same!

Of course they aren´t,heatsinks come in CNC backings and are 4mm thinner (material)...Compound is the same,get over it.

LGM has alot of bite and hold so perfect for rear. Belaey's have some modulation before locking so great on the front and no need for harsh grind.

This is true. I run the Belaey on front and the be greens on the rear

Best set up I've ever used. I highly recommend this set up

I've just landed some too so this is just what I wanted to hear having new used em before

Beleays are great. Get them on a nice, SHARP, medium grind and your onto a winner.

I ran them on my old 06 Python with no booster ( flexxyyyy frame ) and they were still incredible.

They are less grind dependent than LGM's and seem to offer just as much hold.

Work well in the wet to, and the pads don't round off as easily with the chamfered edges.

All round brilliant pad :D

Edited by Echo Lite 09