2011 Magura Hs33 Or 05 Hs33 ?

Rowlly21

Or for a better reply...

I think the new maggys look horrible, however they do have split clamps meaning you dont have to remove your grips every time you remove the brake. In terms of power I think they are both the same. I've heard people having alot of issues with the new ones though, with the master cylinder leaking.

The 05's look better too, and if you can get a 4 finger lever you'd be onto a winner, they are so comfy in comparison to the 2 finger lever. But they can crack if you don't grind away a certain part of it.

The 05's look better too, and if you can get a 4 finger lever you'd be onto a winner, they are so comfy in comparison to the 2 finger lever. But they can crack if you don't grind away a certain part of it.

I personally would go for an 05 model with an 08 Echo lever or a SL lever. Your finger fits round the lever blade ends much nicer.

Edited by weirdoku

I really don't see the point, I'd stick with a 2011 HS11, it's only worth getting the trials edition if you haven't already got a set of clamps and plan on using the koolstop pads. Otherwise it's cheaper to get a HS11 and a set of TNN or Echo TR clamps!

• 3 weeks later...

Bought a pair of HS11 2011 brakes and they both leaked through the master cilinder, they are bad quality brakes in every single way. Buy 2005 HS33 brakes !

(2011 slave cylinders do work, they're the same than the 2005 ones, I'm just refering to the brake levers with the above coments...)

Edited by Juan Manuel

Ok thanks for the replies

Any reviews on the Hs11 2011

Andy

I have a HS11 and i think its rather good to be honest. I dont see much point getting the HS33 2011 cause its exactly the same but then the only down side is the lever body is plastic so the threads may go on the bar clam but other than that its a pretty good brake but over sized haha. I doesnt feel much different to the hs33 05 but i would go for an 05 if i were you

I've heard of people having problems with them too, i love the look of them though :)

You should have got the hs11 the only difference is the 11 has 4finger levers where as the 33 has 2 finger

you can get a 4 finger for the HS33 on chain reactions and its cheaper there

I have an 05 on the back and freaking love it!! Especially the lever.

I also have a hs33 trials edition 2011 on the front and as im in the process of getting a new front wheel I cant say it is amazing..as i havent rode with it properly yet. the bite was amazing on it and the pistons are excellent, recommend using magura bleed on it ;)