Inspired Fourplay.

mrBENN

So i was getting pretty bored of the scratched black paint on the frame and felt that my bike needed a bit of life added to it, so spent a good quality day giving it a new lick of life, so here she.

Pretty pleased with the outcome. Will get some Inspired stickers put on soon. All that i can say is that i need a shorter stem. Other than that. Love the way it rides.

img3309xh.jpg

img3315j.jpg

img3316c.jpg

img3317o.jpg

All comments welcome.

Edited by mrBENN

liking the new colour (Y) , as other's have said a new stem + bars would really finish it off, the only issue i can see though is your steerer length,

if you do decide to go the 70 x 25 route it will make the reach nice and short but you may loose some height judging by your pics, unless you could maybe add an extra 15mm of stacker's, the steerer clamp on the tt stem looks quite high so if you go for the hope stem that has a steerer clamp height of 41mm you may be able to add the extra stackers.

Edited by ezgonzo

Thanks for that :) I could easily add a few stackers in there still so that will be done asap. Just a question of what bar/stem to get now to finish it off, and when i get a bit more money, get rid of the poxy front freewheel and switch to a rear Hope. I was thinking about the Hope stem though.

• 4 weeks later...

Right here's a little up date for the bike. So Tarty re-opened and was very quick with the service so thanks guys as i know they was backed up on orders but got all my new bits just to finish the bike off. New front end set up, trialtech stem 70-35* rise with some trialtech high rise bars, and finally some nice Inspired pedals to finish her off as my v12's were on their last legs.

Hope you like :)

img3354p.jpg

img3355rg.jpg

img3356ll.jpg

Enjoy.

• Like 1

Yeah my stem before just way too long and it made my bike feel massive. But I haven't had a chance to ride it yet with tr new front set up, but me and skoze are riding tomorrow so I will let you know tomorrow what it feels like. But the front end of Deffinately higher than before so should feel a lot better to ride. Just need some inspired stickers on the downtube and will be it for now :)

Got back in from a really chilled ride earlier with Skoze and i must say that front end change has made such a difference. So much more easier to pull up and i feel way more proportionate to the bike now rather than being stretched out a lot with my old stem.

Here's a quick picture of mine and Matt's bike from today's ride.

img3367xv.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Mr Rainbird, i'm giving brakeless a go at the moment. It's my idea of, if i don't have brakes i can't bail :P But yeah them bottom set of inspired stickers came out massive like 4'' tall letters, there massive, and have sets in black too. But it finishes it off nicely.

Edited by mrBENN

Cool stuff! You'll learn so much random shit brakeless it's unreal - even the odd bit here and there really helps towards better bike control (Y)

Out of interest, where did you get them made up? On the lookout for somewhere to do a (pretty damn) small run of stickers for the summer :shifty:

Yeah i found that i was trying things i wouldn't do with brakes. Tried barspins but that didn't go down too well :P and i made them with the router cutter in my shed. :shifty: so i'm sure i could knock you up some for thee summer.

Edited by mrBENN