Snapped My Frame Last Night......

Nick Manning

I was out riding in Woking last night with the Riff Raff. I managed to snap my Echo Pure 2011 whilst doing a hook. I had made the hook after a few attempts, and then went for another go and the frame decided it had had enough.

Here's some pictures.

post-4095-0-37161400-1329568955_thumb.jp Down tube to bb post-4095-0-23210600-1329568990_thumb.jp Down tube from head tube post-4095-0-34249600-1329569008_thumb.jp

Top tube, seat tube/seat stay area post-4095-0-09755700-1329569025_thumb.jp Top tube from head tube post-4095-0-20062300-1329569044_thumb.jp

The wall that killed my frame. post-4095-0-33498000-1329569215_thumb.jp

You've done a good job of that!

Fancy donating it? Would like to see if i could get it ridable again :).

Cheers,

Josh.

Thanks, it was far from intentional. It could make for an interesting project, unsure if I want to let it go/get rid of it as i was quite an impressive break for me.

looks like one to try some carbon tubes like stans

Not sure the down tube being carbon could take much abuse. I also don't think there is enough frame material to bond the carbon too, if there is then could make for a great potential. Can't see it lasting, but would certainly look really nice.

i dont expect anything less from manning!

Thanks Dave, glad I finally made it, just a shame a certain Geroge Edwards didn't have hi camera out.

Pretty sure nick eats horses and cows whole!

Actually it's rabbits, they give me my spring.

• Like 1

Cheers. I'm guessing that other than the graphics, it's exactly the same as this ?

No, the graphics are different because mine is an older tyre. My tyre is this one.

It is lighter than the one you have linked too and is folding rather than a wire bead, mine also has a softer compound for better grip.