L Carnitine

dezmtber

power bar protien plus

i have been using these before and after riding i cant say i have noticed a massive difference, but i only ride 2-3 times a week. some times only an hour or so.

should i be using it daily.

if were to use it daily i was thinking of using liquid carnitine power bar liquid

so i dont bulk up on protien too much

wtf is it with people wanting to take magic powders and pills to make them better at stuff, seriously creatine, carnitine,NOX, valentine, its all over hyped, over market'd bull crap in my opinion, better off spending the money on better food.

or just strapping on a pair.

no one seems to realise unless your eating vastly more calories than your using, your not going to bulk up, and its also going to be gradual so you can notice it happening, and adjust your diet to suit. if your only riding 3 hours a week, id suggest more riding for technique, and if your wanting to build explosive power, once youve build up a decent base strength from stuff like push ups, pull ups, etc(take it you aint interested in the gym) then look into things like air alert(meant for basketball, but it works generally for leg power) or just plyometrics in general.

He's not really an endurance athlete riding 3 times a week though. I wouldn't even say people who ride a lot compare to what endurance athletes do.

Ive taken some similar protein power bars before after riding but mainly to make me feel full so I don't go home and stuff my body full of junk food.

so i dont bulk up on protien too much

didnt anyone read this ?

i dont want loads of protien or carbs to build masses of muscle, theres plenty here allready.

i was looking to burn more fat than carbs when i ride.

Im not really sure what your trying to achieve? The protein in the bar will be helping repair the damage done to your muscles during trials. But what I use (More MTB training) Is a recovery shake. This has both protein and carbohydrate in.

If you do more than 90 ish minutes of exercise without an intake of food, your going to need carbs and protein within the first 20 minutes of training, to improve endurance.

Having said that. Nothing beats eating proper food, and eating right.

Edited by trialsmax04

He's not really an endurance athlete riding 3 times a week though. I wouldn't even say people who ride a lot compare to what endurance athletes do.

Ive taken some similar protein power bars before after riding but mainly to make me feel full so I don't go home and stuff my body full of junk food.

sorry, forgot to say i do a 3 hour xc ride every thursday, and enter bikepacking events twice a year. i only ride trials 2-3 a week.

bear bone bikepacking

my meals consist of fresh cook home made meals from, fresh foods, the only non fresh food is things like pizza or frozen fish ect...

at work i will eat multi grain bread with soup

or brown pannis with fresh mushrooms, pastrami and ham.

should i add anything on there?

I dont get what your trying to achieve.

you want to loose weight, you consume less calories than you burn.

you want to gain weight, you consume more calories than you burn.

if you want to burn fat, rather than muscle, eat more protein, less carbs, still keep some fat in your diet

if you want to add muscle rather than fat, consume more of everything, especially protein, and exercise to the point where your muscles need to grow(in strength/size)

I dont get what L carnitine is doing for you(i dont really get what it does for anyone, other than take their money and give them a placebo) or what your expecting it do.

There is no wonder drug in getting stronger/in shape, it all requires effort.