Freewhell ?

L05tB0y

Front freewheel; Having the freewheel on the cranks and a fixed rear hub, shifts the weight more to the centre, usually lighter, more engagement.

Freehub; Having a fixed sprocket on the cranks and the freewheeling mechanism in the hub itself. Usually gives you more gear ratio availability.

Rear freewheel; Having a fixed sprocket and a fixed hub, but having a freewheel on the hub. Generally a bit cheaper than the freehub option but gives the same advantage.

Ok, so the front sprocket on the crank on my onza spins one way with a clicking noise, does this mean its a freewheel. If so what kind of wheel/sprocket do i need for the rear.

Forgot to mention it a frame im building up.

Ok, so the front sprocket on the crank on my onza spins one way with a clicking noise, does this mean its a freewheel. If so what kind of wheel/sprocket do i need for the rear.

Forgot to mention it a frame im building up.

What hub you have?And what wheel size?

Edited by ghostrider88

But if i have front freewheel does that not mean i have to get a sertain type of rear wheel ??

You need fixed rear hub with either screw on sprocket or splined sprocket.If your bike is mod(20) the sprocket size should be 12t,if it´s stock(26)most common sizes are 15t or 16t(teeth).

i 2nd that

u need to buy one of these before the cheap freewheel kills you

tensile 60 click

you will need a 19" mod rear wheel for a onza t pro. the rear wheel spacing is 116mm

it will also need a 12t cog fitted.

or just buy these my mate is selling they are perfect for you.

onza blade wheelset £65

i suspect that if you cant determine what a freewheel is, its probably not the best idea to try and build a custom trials bike... just saying.

2nd that. i would recomend you see a bike shop or bike mechanic for advice and to do the work