New Yess Trials Frame Ride

bij

Ever since pinch flatting out and having to replace the tube and all, I could never get the brakes set up nearly as well. I kept getting slippage despite re-grinding and didn't want to spend so much time to set up my bike, so I thought forget the brakes and rode without them for a while and am enjoying it a lot!

Edited by bij
  • Like 1

That was pretty damn awesome, brakeless trials is just terrifying! Saw these Yess frames on OTN last week, same company that made a pretty nice looking sprung tensioner. Not sure on the way the seatstays meet the front "triangle" looks a little odd where it's not inline with the top tube.

This kind of riding's not usually my cup of tea but well impressed with the brakeless skills. Would scratch the barspins at the end though. So not up to the standard of the rest of the video.

Oh yeah, I kinda like the frame. Not what I'd ride but for a pure trials frame, I reckon it looks cool.

Would scratch the barspins at the end though. So not up to the standard of the rest of the video.

I'd imagine they're not as easy as they may appear to be.

Nice skills. Riding brakeless is so anti-establishment, it shows you're not going to support the big corporations that make brake pads and grinding discs. I like it.

I'd imagine they're not as easy as they may appear to be.

I guess when i made the coment i was thinkin more about aesthetics than anything but it's not a hard trick either. Just felt the standard of the rest of the vid was so much higher. I reckon it's better to have the best stuff at the end too. Still rad though.

hope it rides nice

'cause it's looks :sick:

I'm glad you hurled you over this, but you are not the first.

But Yess offers custom colors while they have frames in stock. Two other riders Jeff rides a red bike and Stevie has darker yellow frame.

So the good news for everyone else who may get the Yess frame is, the only barf color frame is mine! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ever since pinch flatting out and having to replace the tube and all, I could never get the brakes set up nearly as well. I kept getting slippage despite re-grinding and didn't want to spend so much time to set up my bike, so I thought forget the brakes and rode without them for a while and am enjoying it a lot!

Same story. Brakeless feels great.