Stripping My Frame

ogre

hey y'all i bought ashton effect and i've decided to re-spray it, i tried to strip the paint today; coating the whole ting in wilko's paint stripper at about 3 o clock, i left the frame hanging and checked it just now and only the stickers have been affected by the stripper, any thoughts?

paint stripper in general is pretty shite these days, one of the chemicals they usedto put in has been banned but i can't remember which one!

look for some old stock nitromors

EDIT: the paint on my old ashton justice was tough as hell, even proper nitromors struggled!

Edited by err

Any car spray shops near you faggotron?

I took my painted frame to a shop that does all sorts of spraying stuff, bead blasting, annodising etc and left it in their acid bath over night, charged me a tenner and saved me pissing about with paint strippers that dont do anything.

caustic will strip paint easy, I made my own stripper with pottasium hydroxide flake (caustic potash). only used it for small stuff not much more than a bowl full, a frame wouldd mean filling the bath (the missus wouldn't be too pleased) and will be asking for troubble with that much corrosive liquid sloshing about + fumes are crazy (i know this from experience) or you could make a paste with some would work well.

Ahh my bad I thought caustic dip was just a bath of caustic soda which will not strip paint.

caustic dip

A strongly alkaline solution into which metal is immersed for etching. for neutralizing acid, or for removing organic materials such as greases or paints.

dichloromethane is the chemical that was in the old nitromorse, now banned by everyone to sell... so most garages may not have any based on that

i go some late last year by going to some random dodgy bargin store shops, failing that, some old diy shops likely to have stock selling from 2years ago...not sure if theres any near you!