Hope Trialzone Rotors

ginger allen echo

They seem pretty decent - Adam's got a couple on his 24, Stan's running a 200mm one on his Echo and I think Joe Maher's running one on the back of his RockMan. They all feel pretty decent, sort of as you'd expect any Hope rotor too. If you've already got the Mono Trial and it's working I'd just stick with that 'til you wrap your rotor around a rail/rock, then maybe try upgrading to the Trial Zone?

Can someone please explain how rotors work? Because the trial zone rotor has hardly any material on it so i thought it would have less hold but more bite than other rotors with more material?

Noone knows LOL,some does work,some doesn´t even though they look the same or at least very very simmilar.So it´s definately not only about desing,but also about material and pad compatibility etc...

Edited by ghostrider88

Noone knows LOL,some does work,some doesn´t even though they look the same or at least very very simmilar.So it´s definately not only about desing,but also about material and pad compatibility etc...

Design does sort of play a role - more material generally leads to more hold, with less material leading to more bite. Hope definitely seem to have nailed it material-wise though.

Sorry to bump, but thought it'd be better to bump it than make a new one.

Anyway, Does anyone know what the saint/XT rotors are like? and are different rotors like the trialzone better for cirtain types of riding and not others? So the trialzone rotor would be bad for downhill for example?

Any of these rotors im talking about:

39007.jpg

67197.jpg

Edited by Laurence--Trials

I assume you mean the center part? Danny mac' uses them.. and im pretty sure he would go a fair bit bigger than i do.

Yeah, the trouble is the loading's reversed so regularly in trials that the rivet holes for holding the outer steel rotor to the bell/carrier/centre/whatever you want to call it, tend to ovalise so you end up with load of play in the rotor. It's not a problem with off-road riding, because you're only ever loading it forwards, and in a much less sudden/harsh way.

Yeah, the trouble is the loading's reversed so regularly in trials that the rivet holes for holding the outer steel rotor to the bell/carrier/centre/whatever you want to call it, tend to ovalise so you end up with load of play in the rotor. It's not a problem with off-road riding, because you're only ever loading it forwards, and in a much less sudden/harsh way.

This. It's also worth pointing out that all the expensive triple layer Shimano 'ICE' tech is totally pointless in trials given that our brakes barely get warm.