How Much Is My Bike Worth? Considering Selling...

Sam01

Considering selling up... I love this bike but never get time to ride it as things always get in the way. It's in perfect mechanical order and needs nothing doing to it. How much do you think it's worth? The spec is:

Frame: Echo control - good condition, no dents

Forks: Echo urban (I think)

Headset: Chris King

Wheels: Hope pro 2 disc hubs, mavic front rim, echo rear rim, maxxis high roller tyres

Brakes: Avid BB7 front (203mm), HS33 rear - both set up perfectly IMO

Cranks: Middleburn pro trials

Bars/Stem: Echo tough bars, echo stem

e9b3b8e3.jpg

a64b12b0.jpg

9676272c.jpg

7115f264.jpg

d4dda989.jpg

17d105bd.jpg

Edited by Sam01

it may be old but that's in really good nick if you were to sell the parts individually you'd get about £375 but selling complete always takes the price down so you're probably looking at about £275-300 although i'd like to say £325-350 i can't see you getting it but good luck!

Edited by old'scoolfool

it may be old but that's in really good nick if you were to sell the parts individually you'd get about £375 but selling complete always takes the price down so you're probably looking at about £275-300 although i'd like to say £325-350 i can't see you getting it but good luck!

:blink: really? I was hoping it'd be a fair amount more than that.. Although didn't have a particular price in mind.

He's properly right though. Apart from the CK headset and burns, nothing on it is that special.

Don't get me wrong, its a REAL clean build =] however, nothing that people will want to buy for big money.

:blink: really? I was hoping it'd be a fair amount more than that.. Although didn't have a particular price in mind.

people are really tight on here! lol plus you lose half the worth just being 2nd hand! they depreciate more than cars do :\ i would split it and you may well get £400, i assumed the cranks was square taper for some reason but if they're isis add another £20 on

Edited by old'scoolfool

yeah its a lovely looking bike, but some parts on it are dated, and when people can buy much newer, cheaper and lighter parts for rock bottom prices its going to be hard to sell.

your best bet is to put in on ebay and big it up a lot more than you should.

are they pro 2 trials or the standard pro 2's?

Think they're standard pro 2's.

Or, keep it a ride it...

Don't have the time, that's the whole point of this topic! Makes more sense for someone else to get the use out of it than the money it's worth just sat in my garage almost all year round.

You'd make more money on splitting it trust me to say you have burn arms, king headset, hope hubs n other immaculate parts .

Id kill to have that rear rim of you if it was 36h!

If I split I will let you know if it's 36h. Thing I don't like about splitting is you always get parts left over! I don't even know how much I'd advertise parts for if I broke it down.. I'd have to do a fair amount of research.