Forks Questions

Kieran Morrison

They don't have black disc 2012 ones in stock and I'm a bit put off the 2012 ones as my mates have faded to a greenish colour haha :P

Thanks for the help though, will be ordering the 09's this week :D

ergh! not ideal.

Yeah urbans are solid forks :)

Edited by DrStix

Hi,

I'm planning on ordering echo urban 09s this week and I'm wondering if There's anything I need to do to them before fitting them to my bike? I've seen that the 2012 versions already have an integrated crown race, do these forks have/need one?

I'm running the echo SL headset if it helps

Cheers

You need the one that came with the headset.

Crown race is just the bottom one on the forks, which you can either hammer off with a spanner or lever it with a screwdriver :)

The one at the top of the headset has another name, although there are several components at the top of the headset, could you specify which one?

Crown race is just the bottom one on the forks, which you can either hammer off with a spanner or lever it with a screwdriver :)

The one at the top of the headset has another name, although there are several components at the top of the headset, could you specify which one?

I don't really know how to explain it because I've lost it haha. Pretty certain it was just a black ring with a slit in it though, sat at the very top of the headset to cover up the bits inside the cup. If you know what I mean, is it important?

You will get some play in the head set, it will feel pish and wear things out quicker than normal. If you slide one of the bearing cartridges over the steerer tube you will see it can move side to side, the compression ring fills this gap evenly around the whole tube.

• Like 1

You will get some play in the head set, it will feel pish and wear things out quicker than normal. If you slide one of the bearing cartridges over the steerer tube you will see it can move side to side, the compression ring fills this gap evenly around the whole tube.

Is there anywhere I can get compression rings from? Do all headsets use the same sized compression ring?