Ulnar Neuritis

Ryback

Hey guys, started riding trials about a week ago and have developed quite a severe pain in my wrist on my little finger side and across the top of my hand mostly little finger side. Stops me making a fist, gripping the bars or using my hands for push ups etc. So being on the bike is almost unbearable.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this, how long it took to go away and did you take any steps to help avoid the same issue which i believe is a compression of the ulnar nerve in the wrist. :(

I did have this the first time round, never thought about the bar and lever angles and wish some one had mentioned it so I could have tried it! Anyway, what I read it to be was a fatigue of the hand muscles leading to cramp. What I did was exercise my hands (man that's an open door for innuendo jokes!) with those sprung hand exercisers, a PowerBall, and fitted some larger diameter grips as my hands are quite big. This seemed to work for me, but try the bar/lever angle adjustments first because Mark isn't usually wrong to be honest!

41689.jpg

powerball2.jpg

ODI-Yeti-Lock-On-Grips-2T.jpg

• Like 1

You could try changing bar angle and stuff as mentioned, however i think it will mostly be down to strengthening your hands, how long have you been riding for ? It is most likely your hands fatiguing if you haven't been riding for very long. I recently broke my hand on the side you are having problems with and with some exercises and strengthening i was back on the bike only a couple of weeks later with little to no pain :) Good luck getting it sorted mate.

Adam.