My Bike Setup...any Good?

james311084

Got a second hand MAD Phase 1.3 26'' bike lastweek. Will be doing Street Trials with this after a 12 year break.

Here's the spec of the bike when i got it:

WHEELSET - Alloy trials rims built onto Formula hubs.

FRAME - Professional MAD team design alloy 7005.

FORK - Chromoly.

REAR DERAILLEUR - Shimano short cage 7 speed.

SHIFTER - Shimano TX button shifter.

HANDLEBAR - MAD trials spec alloy oversized bars.

STEM - MAD trials spec alloy oversized stem.

BOTTOM BRACKET - ISIS spline.

REAR BRAKE - Magura H33s Hydraulic brake.

FRONT BRAKE - Tektro mechanical I.O. disc brake.

CHAINSET - Suntour duro trials.

TYRES - Wide section trials tyres.

So far, The rear brake needs bleeding (waiting for service kit to arrive) and then maybe the front disc pads need changing? what pads are recommended please?

Pretty standard Phase setup!! :) they're great starter bikes!! I loved mine!! Bit of advice though, get rid of the gears ASAP!! You can convert it to single speed for about 30 to 40 quid depending on what parts you go for and how you of it!! Part from that, they're great bikes!! Ever thought about water bleeding the hs33??

Joosh

Pretty standard Phase setup!! :) they're great starter bikes!! I loved mine!! Bit of advice though, get rid of the gears ASAP!! You can convert it to single speed for about 30 to 40 quid depending on what parts you go for and how you of it!! Part from that, they're great bikes!! Ever thought about water bleeding the hs33??

Joosh

Forgive me being behind but why do I need to get rid of the gears? Never tried water bleeding :-/

S'all good!! :) trials bikes don't tend to have gears. They don't really need them and they add weight!! Also, what I found when I first got my Phase with gears on, the chain can jump making for quite a nasty surprise when you try to pedal kick or put any major power through the drivetrain!! It just makes everything less complicated!! Not only that, it looks better single speed!! :P

This is mine just after I'd put the single speed stuff on it!!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=246009548759048&set=a.228879953805341.78566.100000500155511&type=3

Joosh

S'all good!! :) trials bikes don't tend to have gears. They don't really need them and they add weight!! Also, what I found when I first got my Phase with gears on, the chain can jump making for quite a nasty surprise when you try to pedal kick or put any major power through the drivetrain!! It just makes everything less complicated!! Not only that, it looks better single speed!! :P

This is mine just after I'd put the single speed stuff on it!!

http://www.facebook....00155511&type=3

Joosh

Link doesn't work bud :-( I will defo keep the single gearing in mind after I've done abit more on the bike lol

Forgive me being behind but why do I need to get rid of the gears? Never tried water bleeding :-/

Phases only came with cheep gear systems so they tend to mess up, if you want to trust your kit I'd get a decent singlespeed set up. Other than that they are great starter bikes.

:wink2: ({)(}):helmet: :bow: :giggle::dance::ninja::wink::oops:

DDDaaaaavvvveeeee

Edit: !!!!!!??????.........,,,,,,,,:::::::;;;;;; #gay

Edited by onza pro series guy

I love MAD Phase bikes, for the money they're a superb starter bike, easy to upgrade and should last.

As above though ditch the gears as they'll only weigh you down with stuff you don't need, as for the front brake I'd look toward getting an Avid BB7 mechanical caliper and ditching the tektro one