Do You Stick To One Style?

alistair14

But that's a blatant lie.. Do i not recall semi recent pictures of you side hopping your xc bike? Ok, you were riding proper trials on it. But you must have done some trials that day. And don't you own a bmx?

Yes I did xc once and I have a bmx gathering dust at work, not been out on it for about a year :P

(Y)

Totally with this! I think it was Luke Rainbird who commented on a video "Yay for having fun on bikes!". And it's stuck with me for some reason! It's what its all about, i didn't pick up a bike thinking i want to get up this wall! I started trials because it looked fun! And i don't just ride trials between me and my other half we have 8 bike's that are all for different types of riding, street trials, comp style, park bike, cruise bike, go fast bikes, and all round FR MTB's. We may be out on the Xc bike's spot a cool rock and see what we can do with it, i mean i learnt the basics of trials on the longest jump bike it the world, so i don't think anything is impossible. Hence i have a 24 with peg's i love the idea that one day I'll find an upto back on a wall or ledge then hopping to a grind or something.

Although i think i am super weird because of my short attention span, i can't stay at the same spot for any longer than 30mins or i just want to go to sleep or not ride. Might also be because Blackpool has alot to ride, and i appreciate that a lot of trials rider's hometowns only have a wall that progressively gets bigger! If i didn't have a lot to ride and just a wall i would have never even got into trials let alone stuck at it! So i do have a lot of respect for riders that have had to do it. And they might arrive somewhere like the moonrocks and without a marked out route would not have a clue where to go on them.

The main thing i really don't understand is the people who ONLY RIDE TRIALS! Fair enough not having the money or space for 8 bike's, but i couldn't imagine just riding trials. I ride the bmx track and park on my 24 (taught me a lot!! especially when on the moonrocks, made me spot little lines with kickers verts etc) Xc & FR it's just fun and therapeutic, me and my other half also have time trials going on, on the way to work. We started with 14min times and have both been slowly getting the time down, just a bit of fun competition that you could do on your own. And obviously trials as it's my favourite, as it's rewarding, challenging, a great fitness regime and it pushes me to want to better myself at it. When i go in a sk8 park i'm quite happy to mill about not doing massive thing's. But with trials it doesn't have to be a massive side hop or gap, nor be stupidly dangerous to be rewarding.

LOL! Sorry for the rant just read it back through and i chat shit at times!

I thought this was about different styles of trials riding though.

why categorize myself with the title"my style is tgs,pure,street..."?

over the years i did bmx,dj,street,now street trials,for those who need categories.

for me it always was just "biking".

dont understand it.

unsporty people would say i´m trying to destroy my bikes components by doing hops and gaps and spins and...

edit:to answer the question of the topic,yes,to my style!

Edited by FamilyBiker
  • Like 1