Before I Start...

gnarled

Having casually BMX'd throughout my teenage years I have gotten through to my final year of university and the urge has come back...

Always wanting to get into trials I havesaved up £400 to get myself a nice starter bike etc etc...

New to such stuff I was wondering if a more wiser being could tell me whether;

1) Is having only 5 - 10 hours spare time per week on average enough to make this a reasonable investment?

2) is £400 an adequate amount for a suitable quality/cost bike?

3) So far I'm leaning toward an Onza, specifically Onza Rip 2013. ThoughtS?

Having casually BMX'd throughout my teenage years I have gotten through to my final year of university and the urge has come back...

Always wanting to get into trials I havesaved up £400 to get myself a nice starter bike etc etc...

New to such stuff I was wondering if a more wiser being could tell me whether;

1) Is having only 5 - 10 hours spare time per week on average enough to make this a reasonable investment?

2) is £400 an adequate amount for a suitable quality/cost bike?

3) So far I'm leaning toward an Onza, specifically Onza Rip 2013. ThoughtS?

Yes, yes, and yes!!

I practice for around an hour a night 4-5 nights a week, and have made excellent progress - that's on a £40 Onza off ebay with only a few quid spent on it.

That sounds like a good starter bike, second hand bikes on ebay are a good bet as you will save a lot of money compared to the build price of the bike!

My advice would be to get a bike asap and get out on it while the weather is still good!

Jon

If you're willing to buy second hand you will get a HUGE amount more for your money. Trials kit really is a buyers' market when it comes to used bikes/parts - don't be put off by components covered in mild scratches etc and you could track down a bargain - a well specced bike that would have been £1200 new will tend to be in the region of the £400 or so you're looking to spend (Y)

I started on an 09 onza rip.. hated it, honestly go second hand, I regret not going second hand when I started. Not that I'm trying to push this sale, but my friends selling an echo 24" (if you want to try out 24" TGS trials) I'm sure he'll go to £400 if you ask him nicely :)

Edit: here's the thread http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/topic/175996-echo-24/page__st__60#entry2443764

Edited by Danny00135

Should you invest? Hell yeah, if not you will do what i did and always be wishing you had a bike for ages!!!!!!!!!! Got into the habit of looking for bikes, see one i like, about to do something about it and then not buying due to the expense. But now! Got a bike, love riding, so happy i got it. Really should get one no matter how much time you have!

I started on an 09 onza rip.. hated it, honestly go second hand, I regret not going second hand when I started. Not that I'm trying to push this sale, but my friends selling an echo 24" (if you want to try out 24" TGS trials) I'm sure he'll go to £400 if you ask him nicely :)

Edit: here's the thread http://www.trials-fo...60#entry2443764

I'd probably consider if its still around by october (i get paid then :))

keeping options open until I get paid though