10 Yrs Off

hypermobilty

Ok so its been 10 yrs since ive rode trials should i start from scatch and consider myself to be a novice and pretty much now nothing

or should i try to be at the level i was as fast as i can

might be a silly thing but i have a lot of those But

when i last rode i used to put my leg agasinst my seat during trackstands for balance since moderen bikes dont have this was i being lazy or is there a trick i dont now about with it

I started up again after about 8-9 years off and considered myself a novice, I had all the basics down like trackstands, backhops, etc but I had to start from scratch regarding the height I could get up/off stuff.

I know what you mean about the seat thing, I used to do that a bit too but more when I was being lazy to save energy but you just kind of get used to having nothing between your legs. The thing with trials today is it is a lot different to how we rode years ago, before it was a lot of bunnyhopping and half-pedalling to make a line whereas nowadays it can be purely single static moves or rear wheel moves your doing. What bike did you used to ride and what have you got now? I found the first time I got on a modern geo trials frame (and it wasn't very modern to be fair) it made such a big difference to how easy stuff was. Kind of hard to explain but it just felt right for trials compared to my old bike (heavy tools trials).

I started out on a Barracuda Ghetto!

When I first tried a "modern" trials bike, well, what was considered modern in '07 / '08 I couldn't do a thing - steep learning curve as the bikes are totally different. It's just practice more than anything though. Like Mr Fox said, it's a different style of riding too, which takes a while to adapt to.

• 2 weeks later...