Foam Grips

315r

The over tape? Or grips? Just because they are two different things ;)

My foams were hard at first but they are softer now (about a week and a half later) and I haven't had blisters since I've changed from rubber to foam - which is always a bonus

ahh i see, i mean the tape that you wrap around? with the sticky back, its great stuuf, i get no blisters without gloves and long rides

Edited by customrider-Rhys

Hey!

At the end I ordered one pair of trialtech thin and other of French ID.

I started fitting the French id, are thinner than trialtech thin and after 6 ridings of 3 hours each they are perfect and seem that they have to last long.

When French id will broke, I'll fit trialtech and I'll decide one of both are better.

Cheers!

Put the trialtechs on now and try it, the french ids will take like 2 years to break, I've got a pair so trust me.

At the moment I'm happy with french ID, don't hurt my hands, comfortable and thin. Don't wanna change unless they break. :wink:

Edited by 315r

• 5 months later...

Hate to gravedig; but is the general consensus that the Trialtech foam grips are still the best out there? I've never used foam before and it seems the sensible option. I'm open to trying out other brands to find my personal favourite but why not start off with "everyone's favourite," so to speak.

Had my trialtech thins for 5 months from brand new, used them about 10 hours a week give or take and they still looks pretty much brand new just the logos have worn off.

And the thin ones are the same size as normal grips in general I think, and the standard one feels much bigger compared to other grips imo.

Edited by JMCD

I've used both, I like both. Just get whichever you fancy using at the time, get both if you're really indecisive and I'll buy the other pair off you for a quid or two less :P. They're not that much.

I've used both, I like both. Just get whichever you fancy using at the time, get both if you're really indecisive and I'll buy the other pair off you for a quid or two less :P. They're not that much.

I can guarantee that if I buy both sets and try one of each I'll be that knobhead who prefers a thin grip one hand and a standard grip the other, hahaha! Anything to make life just that little bit more expensive.

I can guarantee that if I buy both sets and try one of each I'll be that knobhead who prefers a thin grip one hand and a standard grip the other, hahaha! Anything to make life just that little bit more expensive.

Pffft doubt it, they feel quite a lot different. What grips do you have atm?

Pffft doubt it, they feel quite a lot different. What grips do you have atm?

Lock ons.

Prefer the standard myself, with the thins you can feel the bars if you grip hard. But they are a good shout if you have small hands. Best used without gloves too.

I do have giant ham hands so I'll try out the standard size first. Thanks for the advice.

I always used to run tt foams.. tryed both thicknesses and didn't like them, they destroyed my hands and i wasnt too keen on the overall length of them they seem really stumpy and short!

tryed all the other foam grips on tarty and without a doubt the rockman thick foams ARE the best grips for comfort, thickness, length and durability, all the other people i ride with have converted to rockman foams after trying out how they felt on my bike! (they were all running tt's beforehand)