Barcelona

Andeee

Me and some friends are thinking of visiting Barcelona for 2-3 nights to ride all the trials parks and amazing street etc for some time next year.

It is something i have wanted to do for years to get the experience plus with me graduating university next year i kind of wanted to treat myself for it just as a pat on the back for me sen. But i don't graduate until June so its trying to go at the best time.

After looking for flights n prices etc.. I found for April its from £150 per person in a 3 star hotel half board i think. For August it is £250 per person.

I was just wondering if anyone has ever been at all? I know Jack Meek and his lot went earlier this year which looked cool.

I'm just looking for peoples advice and there suggestion etc.

I can imagine July-August is peak times so it will be busy and of course the price is higher by a slight bit.

Also a map for where all the spots are and trials parks if anyone could help?

It would be pretty cool to meet up with some riders out there.

Andy

A week??!! Are you mad lol. When we did Radfest riding all day on the friday and saturday come sunday we was all aching and nackered lol.

k-124 days would be pretty cool to go to aswell as dressler camp!

I said closer to a week... not a week.

I can quite easily ride a week solid without much of a problem.

That aside, Barca would be cool. Im set on k124 though. Cant afford both.

Me bessell and porter went years ago.

Id definantly recommend a week. Barce is a BIG place..so much riding to be had and 3 days just wouldnt be enough.

Also, there are various trials parks..all dotted about, but all a train ride away..so for example if you were staying in barce town, you would have to get a train heading out , to go the parks ( about a half hour hour journey ) and if your staying near any of the parks, youd have to do the same trip back.

Barce is awesome.. Go when its cheapest.. Weather is pretty decent all year round.

When in barce ( nights out and stuff ) just be wary..Lots of pick pockets and muggers and horrible people.

Other than that. Enjoy.

• Like 2

last time i tried that i was told it was too big i had dismantled the whole bike to make it as small as possible as well, had to be left behind, proper pissed me off

I've no idea how it works with bikes and plane travel, but surely you'd plan ahead and call them to check it's all okay, the maximum size allowed on, how much it'll cost extra etc?

well, to enjoy Barcelona you will need more than 3 nights mate :), my latest Uk trip was of 11 days and really i wanted to stay more time :P... so 6 or 7 days would be enough...you have to think the first and last days are to travel, probably not time to ride.

You will have to add in the flight price the bag with the bike...in Ryaniar that was about 100 euros i think xD, also don't believe the first price company's give you, that's a lie. The first price Ryanair gave me to go to Leeds was about 40 euros or something, after all the process that was about 260 euros(i don't remember exactly)... so i recommend you to do all the process but without pay it to know the final price...

I live very near of the BikePark Sabadell, not far of Barcelona city, so for sure i will be available to ride with you if i'm not in the UK :P

let me know if you need some map of somewhere, i will do it for you as you did the Hull map for me :)

love you ;)

Me bessell and porter went years ago.

then i think we rode together!

Edited by -G-
  • Like 2

Wow thanks all for the advice and contributions. I guess it may have to a week.

Just need to speak with the dudes of when to go.

To -G- and 315r. With you being locals over there whats it like from june-august for tourists etc? I could imagine it will be busy for school holidays etc.

Also its great to see a returning favour from -G- after i did him a map of Hull :)

• Like 1

well,

at the moment i made the maps to get the bikeparks Sabadell and "La Poma", i recommend to go there. I dont know in what part of Barcelona you will be so i wrote in the map the station "Plaça Catalunya" as an example, they have the same name("Plaça Catalunya") but they are different types of train so you will have to look for the right station...

I dont know how it looks in the map but to get the parks is easy...

hope this help you a bit..

let me know if you want i send you the files, probably you will have a better quality imatge...

premiademar.jpg

sabadellg.jpg

Edited by -G-