Richard Hammonds Miracles Of Nature On Bbc1

Rusevelt

Yeah I saw this actually, it's a fantastic little piece of kit - the only problem? It would cost an INSANE amount to actually buy (if they decided to mass produce it)

Still, the idea behind it is brilliant , we need more technology like this to allow people with disabilities to participate in all sports

Edited by showurcolours
  • Like 1

I refuse to believe he was actually properly blind.

I think you mean fully blind :)

I have to disagree with you there, blind people have a pretty unique eye movement which is literally impossible to fake and from what I saw, he was not faking it. I would have doubted he was even partially sighted based upon his eye movement.

Yes there is no way to tell at ground level, which is why he hit all the bumps pretty awkwardly, but if the sensors were set to a specific proximity (which would be reflected by the same, constant distance between the trees during the trail) then that would serve as a pretty accurate guide. Obviously I can't confirm this, but that is how I would have designed it anyway

I think you mean fully blind :)

You're probably right!

I have to disagree with you there, blind people have a pretty unique eye movement which is literally impossible to fake and from what I saw, he was not faking it.

See that was one of the reasons I thought he was partially sighted not fully blind. I've seen blind people's eyes and as you say, they tend to kind of wander and since they can't see anything never pick up on anything specific but in the program at the end he basically looked at the guy behind the camera then at the camera like probably you or I would.

but in the program at the end he basically looked at the guy behind the camera then at the camera like probably you or I would.

I missed that bit, I'll rewatch it at some point and be on the lookout - don't get me wrong though, I'm not expert in the analysis of blind people's eye movements ;)