Echo SL forks

Bearded Midget

Does anyone know if the newer ones are any stronger than what they were about 3 or 4 years ago?

I had some back when they came out and they snapped like a twig.

Basically im considering buying the echo lite that's £900 on tarty bikes, and unfortunately it comes with SL forks!

Please let me know if you have some new ones and what they are like.

Thanks in advance!

bike in question http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/20_inch_trials_bikes/echo_lite_dual_disc_2013/c10p11565.html

To be honest, even if they only lasted 3 months like they did for me a few years ago, it would probably be cheaper to buy this bike and replace the forks in the future than build a full custom!

Was just more curious as to whether they had actually changed from the originals!

I know some people who's using them. One that I ride often with have runned his (stock) SL forks for 3 years, still going strong! And another guy I ride with have runned his (mod SL forks) for a good while now and they seem to be going strong (He's a really good competition rider)

my friend has been using them with no complaints since last summer, he loves his moves to front, and isn't a fairy with his bikes... but he's about 11 stone. you know if you can ride light parts... if your a basher or your current rig is tatty as balls and creaking like a haunted house. get burly gear.. if you can run dainty equipment and seldom ruin things, enjoy light forks....