take a deep...........breath

trials hoe

so the 24 has gone and trip back to a stock was a good move :D feels so much more controlled and no too bad at all with the wacky 165 x 35* stem on it too.

anyway some shitty pics as i'm shit with a camera (Y)

img20130329110145.jpg

img20130329110449.jpg

some finger in this one :P

img20130329110534.jpg

my favorite bits of the build -

img20130329110504.jpg

ignore the rim......tarty don't have the rockman front rim in stock, so i went with the one i had lying around to fill the time gap until they do.

img20130329110614.jpg

will stick a spec up anyone's interested :)

enjoy....

Looks f**king gorgeous, funky as front rim!

hahaha fills a gap, doesn't feel any different to any other rim in terms of floppiness.

Love the front brake combo, its all about the 4 pots. How heavy is that intense rear tyre?

rotor is still bedding in, but i wouldn't want anything else stopping me up front. 1030g for the 2.5, was going to go for the FRO 'sticky rubber' version in 2.35 but it was way heavier....still a good buy for £16.50, offers more grip than the fat albert i had on the 24.

think he was getting at it was just called 'sky' rather than 'sky1'..... either way take the tf bickering bullshit out of my bike pics topic (Y)

Pretty much, yeah, and also there were 5sky models with different geos and neither of those was like this. To the topic, lovely bike, I like these frames very much, too bad they are bit too short and light for me :(

To the topic, lovely bike, I like these frames very much, too bad they are bit too short and light for me :(

cheers :D 1090 too short? the breath website says 1080wb but they might have different tape measures over there......

edit - not really light either by todays standards 1700g.

Edited by trials hoe

cheers :D 1090 too short? the breath website says 1080wb but they might have different tape measures over there......

edit - not really light either by todays standards 1700g.

It´s measured with different forks maybe, that can add/take 10mm. I don´t care too much about wb anyway, I focus more on reach and everything shorter than 665mm is too short for me lol.

It´s measured with different forks maybe, that can add/take 10mm. I don´t care too much about wb anyway, I focus more on reach and everything shorter than 665mm is too short for me lol.

true, i know nothing of breath forks guessing they're 30mm offset then. reach measured 670 by my measuring stick, don't think any other comany makes frames with loads of reach any more (maybe rockman?), unless you went for something with a funky steep head angle to gain the extra few mm or just run a long ass stem like i have :P

I doubt it´s 670mm, it´s pretty hard to measure it correctly with cranks on ;) But it´s one of the longer frames reachwise. If the 72deg HA is correct, I could believe it really is around 665. Still needs to gain at least 200g so I wouldn´t have to worry about downtube denting if I fail on some gappage :)

measured it before i put the bb in (Y) head angle is 72 according to breath but it feels a bit sharper than that to me, guessing the reach would be closer to 670 with a 73 head angle (my measurements will prob be out by a few mm). the down tube is huge! kinda hard to get the shape of all the tubes into pics, but its oval and almost as wide as the bb shell :)

measured it before i put the bb in (Y) head angle is 72 according to breath but it feels a bit sharper than that to me, guessing the reach would be closer to 670 with a 73 head angle (my measurements will prob be out by a few mm). the down tube is huge! kinda hard to get the shape of all the tubes into pics, but its oval and almost as wide as the bb shell :)

Yeah I know that, I´ve seen/tried sky 2 and it uses simmilar shape of tubes :)

Take those pedals off and get someone to hide them somewhere you'll never find them! :P

but other than that sweet build!

as in the colour? the red does look a bit ghastly in the pics the more i look at it :( , maybe the rattle can will come out and do my eyes a favor.......

was thinking of trying to bring some colour into this build, they'd have to go black if i paint 'em. anybody know where i can get some ano crank bolts (m12's)? was thinking of red nipples and bolts, can't bring myself to do any more than that things start to look tacky when you go just the tiniest bit too far with the colours......

or maybe orange as an accent colour, just trying to get my bike as different as i can (in terms of parts ect.) i like to know i have something as unique as it can be :D

• Like 1