Brake advice - modulation/stopping power.

ItsAllGravy

taking weight out of the equation and bearing in mind i hate dealing with hydraulics ever and have a wack budget and dont really want to run brakes do i:

A. buy a new set of avid bb7's

B. run a set of avid elixir cr's i can get cheap.

Stopping power and modulation being primary concern's which would you run?? i have zero experience with either...

or do i save probably for ever hopes?

cheers yall...

option B...the avid had a better fell/modulation, at least from my experience.. And Stopping power is great...Not saying BB7 is not good, but i would without a doubt go for option B.

lol i might not have ridden in a while but i diddnt take a bang on the head i am well aware of the options for setting up hs33's to work officiant, i really would rather run disks...

im leading towards bb7's still mainly cos cable tension is much less hassle than bleeding brakes idk... maybe its out of laze, but i can ride brakeless to some extent and know i cud get better i just like using the zero to commute to and thats where the need ffor brakes comes in, also seem to find myself taking my street 26er to more and more of my old skool natural spots and then brakes are handy... moss seems to beat me every time brakeless...

Edited by ItsAllGravy

• 2 weeks later...