crank problems

tom@eastcoasttrials

My cranks are exactly the same, I just live with it untill I can get new cranks. Just carry the allen key with you and tighten it every now and then.

You could try putting bits in there (someone suggested a piece of alu drink can...)

But when iv done this in the past it only lasts a short while and could make the crank splines damaged even more (depending what you stick in)

Cheers

its not the bolt its the crank arm its self mate think I'll just have to ride them till they die and get new ones

You said they usually start off ok but then come loose after riding for a little bit. This would suggest there is a little bit of play in the cranks and that's making the bolts loosen. If you use ptfe it'll help keep the bolts tight and reduce the play so you'll get a bit longer out of the cranks until you can afford new ones.In other words it'll stop them being a pain in the arse.

Edited by dngr2self

You said they usually start off ok but then come loose after riding for a little bit. This would suggest there is a little bit of play in the cranks and that's making the bolts loosen. If you use ptfe it'll help keep the bolts tight and reduce the play so you'll get a bit longer out of the cranks until you can afford new ones.In other words it'll stop them being a pain in the arse.

the bolt its self is still as tight as it can be if that makes sense guys

Yeah same as mine. I jump on the allen key, if I tighten it more it WILL break the bolt. And still a little tiny tiny movment that just feels like a click as you pedal to a certain spot. And clicks back when you get to the oposite side.

As someone said up there... change crank orientation also. Like by 90degrees (and ofcourse the other crank lol) this helped me a little.