Financial help

Scott Gibbs

Hi guys bit of a long shot here but it's worth a try.

I got made redundant 2 weeks ago and obviously I have my redundancy pay but it's not going to last me long, in the mean time I've signed on for job seekers but my main concern is how I'm going to pay my mortgage if I can't find work ASAP. Is there any sort of financial services I can contact? If anybody has got any advice or has been through anything similar I would like to hear what you did? Thanks in advice guys.

The way ours works is that if you've made overpayments you can then underpay to us up that 'credit' and also take payment breaks (not sure if those are linked to overpayments or whether you just pay a little more when you start paying again) but definitely worth investigating what they can do to help.

Good luck with finding work too. What is it you do/have done?

I'm getting made redundant atm as well but fortunately don't have a mortgage to consider.

One of the most important things you should be doing is making sure your CV and base cover letter is as good as it can be get loads of people to look over it and apply for as many jobs as you can in a short period of time. Forget 15-20 applications over the last 6-8 weeks considering you would have had redundancy consultation which lasts a month and have now been unemployed for 2 weeks. 97% of the time you wont even hear back from a job application. In today's market you have to be very pro-active

Good work. As Dave says, if you contact your provider it's on them to help you find a way to keep afloat. Through dropping to interest only or payment holidays or whatever - they have to do everything they can to make it work for you.