Embarrassing situation. (Bike selling)

nicolasp1405

Hi,

Well i'm sutck in a weird situation, i'm selling my bike, one guy was really interrested in it.

But getting the money for it looks like much of a pain in the ass...I told him i'm okay and i'll keep the bike.. And then there is that other guy that I met today and tried my bike, he seem like a better person( very friendly, wants to get in the sport, less trouble and not always trying to deal an other price) , he could get the money for it really easely ,and I feel more like wanting to sell it to him cause he's very friendly on the bike, the first one, I feel more like he would destroy it witch I dont want , cause I still like that bike :( . So what should I do, I cant just tell the first one that I dont want to sell him the bike at the end... What should I do?!?!

Your selling a bike not loaning it out. If you care what happens to the bike in the future then keep it. Otherwise, whoever buys it can do what they want with it.

If someone is being a pain in the ass and not committing to a price then you have to decide whether you want to spend the time and effort with the guy or sell it to the easier to deal with guy for less, that boils down to how much you value your time.

How is the situation embarrassing? Unless of course your little story is actually some sort of metaphor. If that's the case then you should definately hook up with the second guy, he sounds much nicer and won't break your heart. The other guy will just use you for sex then cast you aside like a used rag.

• Like 4

tell the first guy that you reaaally nee the money, and there is another guy interested. he will get 1 day, if he cant show the money, you will sell the bike to the other guy

it is business, you are not a charity

If you want to be nice then just set a fairly close ultimatum for the first guy. Basically say, "I've got other offers for the bike, need the money soon so unless you can give me 'x' by this Friday I'm afraid I'm going to have to sell it to someone else." Being any nicer than that's just wasting your own time.

• Like 2