disk on the front or double magura?

DYAKOV

Hey guys,

First of all, Merry Christmas to all of you! Wish you happy spending of the holidays and a great new year! :)
So now am having a spare hs33 05 in a perfect condition and am quite happy with my hope mono mini on the front at the same time. The thing is that my forks is disk only and I can't put the maggie to see how it feels, so if I decide to use that one, I will need to change the forks as well. . . What would you suggest?
Thanks,
Nasco

Disk means you can:

Do little turning stoppies on the front wheel to negotiate down rocks

Ride to and from places without having to walk

Keep the noise of a dragging brake to a minimum

Take front wheel out without unbolting or letting tyre down

Front magura has better bite and potentially hold which is good for bigger gaps / ups to front.

• Like 1

Disk means you can:

Ride to and from places without having to walk

Keep the noise of a dragging brake to a minimum

Take front wheel out without unbolting or letting tyre down

This is reason enough, having to deflate your tyre to get your front wheel out is an absolute pain in the arse!

Try out a mates bike with front magura.

Disc brake has alot more power than a magura.

Magura has much less power, due the the method of mounting and location magura is more instantly on/off as its on the outer most area of the rim.

The disc is near the centre and fixed to the hub so it stops the hub rotating but due to the spoke flex the outer part of the wheel still rotates slightly giving the sluggis feeling.

• Like 1

Cheers guys, looks like I'll keep the disc for now.

I have disc one the front and Maggie's on the back and it annoys me so much I prefer disc one the rim get a little wet I have no stopping power on the back, I would say dual disc or disc on the front and maggy on the back, what bike is it on?

It's a limey 320 frame (disc mounts have ben cut), echo wheels and echo lite forks

Disk all the way. The pros once it's set up right, far outweigh the cons such as weight and spoke flex.

IMO I strongly disagree. Spoke flex is a horrible feeling. Any move when the front wheels hooked over an edge becomes soggy and uncontroled.

On the other hand with a magura it's held solidly with little flex which gives a more positive feeling.

Hooks are harder with disc compared to rim brakes.

It all depends on the type of riding you do. And you really are far better off trying both out and deciding for yourself rather than being told what's best here.

• Like 1