Echo TR Hub how tight? Echo TR Rim max. spoke tension?

niconj

I am about to build a wheel with an Echo TR hub (129mm) which I'll be using with snail cams. I was just wondering to how many Nm the bolts will have to be tightened? As I've used the strong Hope Trials hub bolts until now, I'm a little afraid of stripping the threads of the Echo Hub since the bolts are so small in comparison.

Also, does anyone know the max spoke tension for an Echo TR 24'' rim? So far I've build my wheels with a max. of 1100N but as the rim has holes in it, it might have to be lower. I dunno.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nico.

Edited by niconj

Not sure on spike tension but maybe 15nm for axle?

That seems low especially for non serrated washers.

thats not much compared to the hope bolts.i tighten my hope with 35-40Nm.

are the echo ones m6?

And this seems too much. Tarty (on here) wrote sth. about 27Nm.

Edited by niconj

Hmmm, hopefully I didn't, haha. That's way too much for an M6 bolt. I would say no more than about 12Nm depending on the grade.

Spoke tension, we go to about 900 usually.

I was referring to the hope M10 bolts. So you're saying that the Echo Bolts should be tightened at arount 10-12 Nm?

900 is pretty low I'd say. I don't have any experience with trials wheels though. Sun Singletrack and Spank Stiffy for ex. have a max of 1100N (manufacturer information). To contact Hope is next to impossible.

I was referring to the hope M10 bolts. So you're saying that the Echo Bolts should be tightened at arount 10-12 Nm?

900 is pretty low I'd say. I don't have any experience with trials wheels though. Sun Singletrack and Spank Stiffy for ex. have a max of 1100N (manufacturer information). To contact Hope is next to impossible.

Ah, thought you meant Echo, Hope would be about 40.

Maximum tension isn't the same as good tension, and those rims are different to Echos...

Alright. I'll go for 900 then. In MTB it's drive side to the max. (for the rim, spokes are always stronger) and none-drive side for centering the wheel, whatever the spoke tension, it'll always be lower than drive side.

I meant the Echo hub. I'll go for 11Nm then. And I also meant contacting Hope is impossible.

Edited by niconj

How can they sell that stuff then? Is this an "only in America" thing? In Germany w/o testing things, you wouldn't even sell some toast.

Well Echo are Chinese, America are no different to Germany or the rest of Europe.

Small companies, with low order numbers, getting items produced by factories in Asia; a lot of it coming out of catalogues.

Well Echo are Chinese, America are no different to Germany or the rest of Europe

Doesn't matter where you produce, as long as it's tested properly and this is the crux; in Germany at least there has to be some testing done, if not, you won't be allowed to sell anything.