what bike for a begginer?

Any suggestions on a good bike for a relative begginer? I,ve been using a small standard hardtail up to now but am enjoying it so considering buying a trials specific bike but not sure what to look for really, don't really want a 20" so suggestions on weather to go 24 or 26" and what to look for would be great

Edited by greasemonkey30

• 2 months later...

hi i am thinking of getting a onza rip would this be recommended for a beginner as i have never ridden a trials bike i manley want to ride in the streets as there are no indoor skate parks near me. and what would be the difference between a fixt and a free rear wheel . thank you

1.Don't get an onza rip. With your budget, buy something used cause you can get a really good deal. Just browse the 'for sale' section and ebay. Find something good quality. I u want street, look for Inspireds.

2. A fixed rear wheel literally means there is no freewheel on the back wheel so on a normal bike, you would have to pedal all the time. On a trials bike though, some now have a freewheel mounted on the cranks to make it easier to balance on the rear wheel. A freewheel, is just the mechanism that contains pawls that allow you to have your legs static whilst rolling along.

Anyways if I had such a large budget for a first bike, I wouldn't buy a Rip :/

For starting off something like an onza bird should be good or an onza zoot if you want to do street.

For starting off something like an onza bird should be good or an onza zoot if you want to do street.

Edited by donski