Hover Boards

Sam Nichols

Now that the technology has finally been cracked and they're ready to push forwards with mainstream production what are your thoughts on the effect the new HUVr boards are going to have on extreme sports, skateparks, the videos we'll all be watching.. Will this technology translate to riding?

Do you think it'll be an expensive fad that comes and goes or will we one day see a skatepark filled with HUVr boards and HUVr bikes?

With the elimination of rolling friction are people going to be going bigger and further than ever before?

Can you grind a HUVr board without causing damage? Possibly not, this is something that could be a real deciding factor on its future as a replacement to skateboards. I guess you're never gonna stop dead on a bit of gravel, so that's something.

The future is now!

http://huvrtech.com

Edited by Sam Nichols
  • Like 1

:rolleyes:

People always doubt what they don't understand. Loads of people are arguing about whether they are real or not, they clearly are - the science is legit.

This isn't a discussion about whether or not you understand how they work, it's a discussion about their impact and influence on the world as we know it.

:rolleyes:

People always doubt what they don't understand. Loads of people are arguing about whether they are real or not, they clearly are - the science is legit.

This isn't a discussion about whether or not you understand how they work, it's a discussion about their impact and influence on the world as we know it.

It's fake, not real. No hoverboards exist. Tony Hawk is seen wearing a harness and there are no wide shots of the boards, which is the only way to hide the use of cables. :)

:)

I'm not a doubter, Hoverboards will exist at some point, but that video is a proven hoax. That's my point. If you believe it to be real then god help you. (I don't believe in god either, maybe if I saw a video of him it might be 100% confirmed upon first viewing)

Why don't you briefly explain it for us simpletons.

It's got two circular pads connected to a magforce charger which creates a magnetic field. This acts at the same polarity as the earths magnetic field, thus repelling the boarder. It's pretty simple really.

• Like 3

I'm not a doubter, Hoverboards will exist at some point, but that video is a proven hoax.

What proof? So far all you have is the fact that there are no wide shots? You're basing your dismissal of the HUVr board purely on the video editors choice of shots?

As far as I can tell there is far more evidence supporting it that disputing it.

If they were going to go to all this effort for a hoax, why wouldn't they just wait a month and do it on April 1st?

Edited by Sam Nichols

So you think this new technology which is ground breaking and evolutionary, would be used first as a hoverboard, which is a toy? You don't think that this would have been sold to the military for use on a grander scale than some mook hovering around on a hoverboard.

Just confirmed, it was Funny or Die that made this.

It's got two circular pads connected to a magforce charger which creates a magnetic field. This acts at the same polarity as the earths magnetic field, thus repelling the boarder. It's pretty simple really.

Makes sense. The only issue I see is the board being able to create a strong enough field to carry the weight of the rider plus the weight of the battery.

I suspect batteries that light weight and that powerful don't exist yet, or are in some top secret government lab/evil lair in a volcano somewhere.

Edit: http://www.snopes.com/movies/films/hoverboard.asp Near the bottom!

Edited by AndrewEH1

So you think this new technology which is ground breaking and evolutionary, would be used first as a hoverboard, which is a toy? You don't think that this would have been sold to the military for use on a grander scale than some mook hovering around on a hoverboard.

*revolutionary

What makes you think the military aren't already using this technology? Is it because it hasn't been on the news?

Makes sense. The only issue I see is the board being able to create a strong enough field to carry the weight of the rider plus the weight of the battery.

I suspect batteries that light weight and that powerful don't exist yet, or are in some top secret government lab/evil lair in a volcano somewhere.

http://www.rapidonline.com/Education/Strength-of-Electromagnet-06-0592/?source=googleps&utm_source=googleps&gclid=CIuv2cGj-7wCFYQfwwodgm4AEg

That's a battery operated electromagnet that runs off a 9V battery and can lift 150kgs (Y)

*revolutionary

What makes you think the military aren't already using this technology? Is it because it hasn't been on the news?

http://www.rapidonline.com/Education/Strength-of-Electromagnet-06-0592/?source=googleps&utm_source=googleps&gclid=CIuv2cGj-7wCFYQfwwodgm4AEg

That's a battery operated electromagnet that runs off a 9V battery and can lift 150kgs (Y)

Nobody can be this stupid, congratulations on a poor troll attempt. :wink2:

It wouldn't be very stable. The ones in the HUVr board are also, obviously, much more powerful. I was just showing what's already available for a price of £35. I expect the first HUVr boards will probably be upwards of a grand because the technology in them is much more advanced than in the one I linked you to.

Obviously in time the price will fall though.

Love how all the doubters start a scene but when given clear evidence they stay hush hush haha.

Not you Andrew.

I'm confused. The only person who appeared to have gone quiet when you posted this was me, but I wasn't doubting. I can't say why I believe this 100%, but I have my reasons. Everyone should believe me because I believe me.