suggest a mod frame?

DYAKOV

Hey guys, I've had a echo lite 08, adamant a3, monty 221 ti, tried a 06 koxx xtp for a week or two, now have a limey 320 and felt the monty and the koxx more comfortable than all deng&onza frames. Though it should be the +60mm bb rise that I don't like, so either low or very high rise I'm searching for...
any suggestions of a short mod frame with low/very high bb? not very light as am still learning and bash a lot..
thought these koxx frames look nice but couldn't find the geo on the net.. if anyone who's had one before can help? cheers!

img_0310.jpg

hmmm, so it's not the bb rise then.. you know how some bikes feel bouncy when you ride and it's very comfortable standing on a back wheel while riding some other frames feels kind of stiffer, don't know how to explain. you know the difference when you ride with hard tyres and when tyres are a bit soft. might be the chainstay length, don't know
what would you suggest, I'm about 173cm tall

it's a shame there are not many mod riders here in glasgow, so I could try different bikes and see what suits me most....

So did i

My old onza blade was 1015, 360 and +55. My 2011 echo lite is 1020, 350 and +80. It feels loads better than the onza, so much more stable. Shorter rear end does help, and 10mm shorter is very noticable

• Like 1

Short with a high BB and strong... You want this.

It's not the highest, but it's pretty damn high.

The rest of the geometry is good, very strong, not unreasonably heavy, Spanish BB (for the win!) and - if you're the type inclined to keep it on - a bashplate that's less inclined to destroy your frame.

Sounds about perfect for you.

Nearly had one myself at one point, but +85 is just too high for my taste.

Edited by aener
  • Like 1