Having a bike on finance..

inspiredskyepro

If it is a secured hire purchase agreement, no.

As it is a bike finance for a specific product, I KNOW you cannot sell it. As the finance company owns it, not you.

If it was an unsecured personal loan you got from the bank, crack on.

And no "Lord Banks" you cannot do it with a cycle scheme, your company own the bike.

Edited by Pashley26

I can't believe you even asked that...

You cannot sell it until you pay it off, because you don't own it.

If the bike ever went missing and the police got involved, or if you stopped paying them they would find out. But either way, you shouldn't.

Edited by Pashley26

I can't believe you even asked that...

You cannot sell it until you pay it off, because you don't own it.

If the bike ever went missing and the police got involved, or if you stopped paying them they would find out. But either way, you shouldn't.

Calm down.. im not going to stop paying finance am i who would do that..

Is this a motorbike?

If so, it would come up with a check if the potential customer were to check it - also, wouldn't this void the insurance for the potential new owner?

No man its a Pushbike (Y)

Call the finance company and ask for a settlement figure. If you can afford it, pay it and then you will own the bike.

You can then sell the bike and perhaps recover some of your settlement costs?

yeah thats a good idea actually, i was going to sell the bike and then pay the finance off either way

At the end of the day the only place you're going to find the answer is in the contract. If you can't be assed to read it or you haven't looked at after it - call the company and ask them.

None of us can give you answer that you should rely on because none of us have access to the contract.

If there is a contract then it is HP and you can't...

Lots of you know what I do, and have done for a living. I take a financial conduct authority regulated assessment once a month to have to do my job.

If I say it is HP and you can't sell the goods, a phone call to the finance company is a waste of your time, money and my own time.

If you aren't going to listen, I don't know why I bothered answering your question.

The question you will have signed to say you understood when you took out the contract.

You can't sell the goods until they are settled because you do not own them.

Edited by Pashley26

Most 0% deals allow you to pay the balance early but I imagine if there's interest involved there'll be an extra charge for paying off early.

Not true, to offer a nought percent product there has to be no fees other than for a missed or late payment, repossession or draft of the agreement.

They can only charge pro rata interest, at the same rate as the regulated agreement.

There is no completion or early repayment fee on 0% deals, 0% interest is 0%APR.

Edited by Pashley26

Not true, to offer a nought percent product there has to be no fees other than for a missed for late payment, repossession or draft of the agreement.

They can only charge pro rata interest, at the same rate as the regulated agreement.

There is no completion or early repayment fee on 0% deals, 0% interest is 0%APR.

I'm not sure you're actually saying anything there at all (note I've edited my first post or clarity).

Which is what I said isn't it? Although I imagine some companies may put in an early repayment fee into 0% deal contracts just for the hell of it.

why has this simple question turned out to be one big arguement..jesus christ i was only asking a question as i was not the person who purchased the bike.

Strictly you're probably not supposed to, but I would get a settlement figure, sell the bike then when you have the buyers cash settle the finance. I don't think you should keep paying monthly payments for something you no longer own.

I know its not that common but if the new owner insures the bike there is a good chance the finance company will find out you've sold it.