British Trials Cup Round 2, Blackpool, by Trials King

BikeTrial Federation

Craig at TrialsKing.com has put together this video from the second round of the British Trials Cup, which took place in Blackpool last weekend.

Thanks to Trials King and to our other series sponsors, Tarty Bikes, Onza and Trialtech, for their support this year!

Round three will take place on Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th May in Fort William - entry forms available from the events page of our website.

• Like 1

What was the turnout on the day? Am I right in saying Blackpool is one of the best attended events of the year? It just didnt look from the video that there were many people riding.

Gutted I missed this one again. Hopefully be along to Fort Bill!

Results can be found here, which shows the number of riders. Entries were slightly lower than last year sadly, but still a good turnout.

Hopefully see you in Scotland!

The rules got rejigged. The 50:50 classes were dropped and the sections for each category were made to be a bit harder. As a result, people are riding a 'lower' category now, even though riding wise it'll be pretty similar to what it was before I'd imagine.

I'm sort of amazed that no-one's gone pot hunting yet and entered the Elite BIU category and instantly got themselves a 1st place medal before they've entered a section...

I did consider it ;P

But yeah, what Mark said - the level has been upped in all classes to bring them up to a more standardised level compared with international comps, so a lot of people are now riding a class lower than last year, but at the same level.

You don't *have to*, no. You can still move up since you won enough rounds with enough people in last year. We just gave people the option to stay or move down this year given the new, more difficult section setting. It's up to you what you do - maybe enter Elite still and then just have a look at the sections on the day and see how you feel.

I was joking man. I'm actually pleased that its went this way. The way Kev Duke told me, I HAD to move up to Elite.

I was quite happy to stay in Expert and be able to get through sections instead of being moved up, struggle and be forced to either 5 or strato dab all the time.

I was joking man. I'm actually pleased that its went this way. The way Kev Duke told me, I HAD to move up to Elite.

I was quite happy to stay in Expert and be able to get through sections instead of being moved up, struggle and be forced to either 5 or strato dab all the time.

Wash your mouth out!

Yeah, I think that's the way most people looked at it - better to stay/move down and ride at a more suitable level than stay/move up to Elite and find it too difficult all the time. Makes the Elite class more 'elite' I guess. Just need to iron out the strato-dabbing and get people riding properly at all levels now :P