Xbox help

*gentlydoesit

I installed netflix on my sons xbox yesturday, it worked fine last night. Today its taking me to a 'you need a gold account' screen :(wtf is going on?

To my mind, I've payed for the xbox, tv, netflix and virgin internet why do I have to pay xbox live for a service they arnt providing??

Is there a setting for 'f**k off you cheeky bastards' I'm missing? (Or a general netflix setup option :P)

Any help appreciated

I had a similar thing the other day. I was playing one day, then the next day, nothing. Apparently I didn't have gold membership anymore despite my dad paying for a year of it back in December/January. We fiddled about with settings but still nothing. To be honest I can't be bothered with it, I've stopped using Xbox really, it's just sat there not doing much. Games consoles aren't designed for people to enjoy, they are just there to snatch money from people without them noticing.

Uurgh, dont get me started again :(

I might actually jiggle the consoles around and put the wii in the kids room.

We've got netflix on wii, ps3, ps vita (when it was alive) two iphones, galaxy note, ipad, laptop.. @ no extra cost!

I can see why old billy boy isn't scratching.

If you're subbing to Netflix, can't you just stream from your pc to xbox instead?

Sorry i know nothing about Netflix mind.

Games consoles aren't designed for people to enjoy, they are just there to snatch money from people without them noticing.

I have had totally different experience to you. Consoles have always saved me copious amounts of money over the years. I've bought a single on release game each year for 5 years since i got back on xbox live. It has been £30 at most for a year's sub. So that's only been £70 per year, which has saved me from allot of other stuff.

Other media like phones and PCs i feel the same about. The amount of money people spend on phones is comical to me, i'm currently spending the most i've ever spent atm, at £10.50 a month, with a free phone. PCs require constant upgrading and services to avoid being lost in the warp.

I installed netflix on my sons xbox yesturday, it worked fine last night. Today its taking me to a 'you need a gold account' screen :(wtf is going on?

To my mind, I've payed for the xbox, tv, netflix and virgin internet why do I have to pay xbox live for a service they arnt providing??

Is there a setting for 'f**k off you cheeky bastards' I'm missing? (Or a general netflix setup option :P)

Any help appreciated

Just got an email from Microsoft - pretty sure Netflix will work without a gold account now.