Defective Trialtech Cranks

ericbenjaminjr

Trialtech probably send these cranks off the companies in the dozens. The retailer you bought them from should have also checked their stock both when it arrived to themselves and before sending it out to you just like Tartybikes do.

It just seemed weird you implied it was a TartyBikes thing when they don't initiate the recall for the Sport Lite forks, had nothing to do with this sale, and as you said any other dealer for that brand would do it too.

lol @ "facts".

It's like Simon never left...

So naming them isn't implying they're involved - right. Maybe that's just part of your "humour" too I suppose.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to add the ;) Kind of reminds me of someone else who's a fan of that emoticon too.

I meant Trialtech wouldn't have knowingly sold them like that. The fact this is the "first time [you] have ever come across a duff trialtech product" shows they do take pride in what they do, but it's impossible to have every single product 100% correct, and some things will inevitably slip through the net.

No cranks are ever made perfectly (concentric freewheel threads/axle interface being the main 'imperfection').

Yeah cause surely they'll have quality checks and spot checks before dispatch? Like on the Hope Factory tour they had a box of scrap which looked almost perfect but there must have been the slightest issue. Then again were talking Hope, but I, sure Trialtech would do the same? And so should all major bike manufacturing companies, we certainly do where I work

Do you mean the people in the factory or the people who run the trials company itself?

EDIT: I know I dealt with at least one instance of a faulty Hope product when I was at TartyBikes - no system is perfect.

Yep, there's that video, or a bunch Brant Richards put up on Youtube while he was over visiting factories for one of the millions of brands he seems to be involved with.

In that the factories for most trials companies are based in China/Taiwan, the people are going to look largely Chinese/Taiwanese. It's pretty unlikely any of them know/care about trials/BMX/XC/DH/FR/AM/latestacronym.

• Like 1