Echo Trials 24'' IS Mount too low! WTF!

niconj

End of story. Got the 175mm rotor today and put it on. Fits perfectly and to my great surprise, there's no rubbing whatsoever when spinning the wheel. I didn't even have to face the IS mount. Now I just hope that Hope holds longer than my Zee, which was swapped for a new one under warranty.

It's also braking pretty well considering that neither Jitsie pads nor Rotor are bedded in yet.

I just got a mail from Echo:

"This problem can be easily solved by using a half link chain or extra link of chain. There is nothing wrong with your parts but just the chain, please give it go and see how it fit."

You can imagine my answer to them.

• 3 weeks later...

Echo Quality Team wrote:

We have done some searching on the frame number that you have provided earlier, we did not discover the problems on this batch of frames. If you check on our website and you will see that 24” bikes comes with 180mm discs, that means we have sold lots of frames/bikes together with 180mm discs brake without any problems.

We did make one batch of frames that has lower mount but that’s 26” frames not 24” frames.

Have you tried using our 180mm disc brake on the frame? I understand that our disc/brake is not perfect as others but this might be the solution for the problem.

Funny that not only Tarty but my German dealer as well have come around the same problem with the f**king 24'' frame.

Edited by niconj