Echo Trials 24'' IS Mount too low! WTF!

niconj

Custom rotor or see if hope or who you bought the hope brake or frame from would either get you a new frame or post mount brake in exchange for the parts that don't fit. Simples but will mean more time of the bike for now.

Your dead right, there seem to be a lot of badly made trials parts on the market, but you cant really blame tarty bikes they buy the stuff in and are in the same situation you are put in when they find out there are problems with the parts

Right but the 820 saint has exactly the same caliper.

actually they are not

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/hydraulic_disc_brakes/shimano_saint_m810_no_rotor_or_adaptor/c558p12166.html

shimano-saint-disc-brake-caliper-copy-180525-1.jpg (2000×1992)

see the saint has 5 bolts going across and the zee has 2

you cant really blame tarty bikes they buy the stuff in and are in the same situation you are put in when they find out there are problems with the parts

Not blaming Tarty really nor the seller I bought the frame from. I will ring him tomorrow to see what he has to suggest.

I was talking about the 640 vs. the 820 caliper.

So basically my best bet would be a 175mm rotor? Didn't know something like this existed.

Have you come across this problem in your shop when building up Dual Disc Echos?

Is there a huge hold/bite difference between a 175mm and a 180mm rotor?

Yes. We had them custom made.

Yes, hence the info on the website - we either supply the customer a 175mm rotor or ensure they have a post mount brake. The latest batch of frames seems to be fine though, as your friend found.

Virtually nothing.

As others have said, get a 175mm rotor or get the frame warrantied, two choices :)

IS2000 calipers are sooooo ´90ish :giggle:

Who the heck even bothers getting an IS2000 caliper these days when there are equal brakes with PM. I'm annoyed by these brakes everytime I get in touch with one and can't think of a reason why someone would torture himself with them nowadays.

For the sake of a promissed bit more stiffness? Nope, never felt a Hope IS2000-brake having a more defined pressure point than my XTs (commuter) or XT/Saint (24").

Even though I always face every IS2000 mount on my bikes (+the bikes of customers), service my brakes perfectly well and set them up with perfectly straight rotors, at least 2 out of 5 brakes tend to make noises.

Vertical dropouts, a faced IS2000 Mount and a PM-Caliper without any washers is the closest you will ever get to a a quiet+working brake. Period.

IS2000 should be banned all over the world due to it containing "IS" anyway!

:-

Edited by Martin Direske
  • Like 1

People have offered so many solutions what more do you need? :P

Just to make it clear. I was answering to Martins post about IS being shit and all.

For the record. I bough a 175mm rotor from Tarty which should arrive soon so the problem is solved.

Thank you!

Edited by niconj