Echo Trials 24'' IS Mount too low! WTF!

niconj

Sounds like legendary Chinese build quality to me, not the hope brakes. Get a 175mm rotor, that'd be the best plan, unless you want to go down the new frame/warranty route. Plus the old school mono trial rotors are better anyway

Well... I'll call the shop on Monday and will see what they say. They may have a 175mm rotor which should do the trick. I thought about going down the warranty route but I want to ride and not wait for a new frame to arrive which then has other problems.

Got in contact with another guy in Germany who has this frame. He just told me that he had to put spacers in between his PM brake and adaptor as well because it wouldn't fit with a 180mm rotor.

That is just shite.

Again. Have you had the same problem building Dual Disc 24'' Echos? I believe that you have sold them as a complete bike as well, haven't you?

Edited by niconj

can you not get a 25+adapter?

and run a 200mm disc on the rear?

I have two options. Either I return the frame for it doesn't state anywhere that it can't be used with an IS Caliper or I'll get the 175mm rotor from Tarty.

Funny thing is that there are 3 people. I know of that had to put shims in between the adaptor and the PM caliper to get it to work. All of them have gotten their frame pretty much when it first came out. The one person who got it after waiting for Tarty to restock doesn't have this problem.

Geez. Just 1. get a 175 rotor or 2. put HS33 back on.

1. Makeshift solution because my frame seems to be a B stock item. And you don't know how many times I've heard the sentence "Just get..." since I've started with trials. I do have some money but I don't always want to spend it twice just because the things are poor quality* or how Tarty states: "awkward installations"

2. That's why I bought a disc frame.

*I'm aware that I'm about the only one complaining about trials specific parts but I don't give a f**k.

Edited by niconj

1. Makeshift solution because my frame seems to be a B stock item. And you don't know how many times I've heard the sentence "Just get..." since I've started with trials. I do have some money but I don't always want to spend it twice just because the things are poor quality* or how Tarty states: "awkward installations"

Then if you aren't happy that it's a B stock item then warranty it?! You've got a solution to make the frame work because it isn't manufactured correctly; but that isn't good enough. You've also go the option to warranty it because it isn't fit for purpose; but that option isn't good enough.

Mistakes in manufacturing happen, a lot of Chinese produced products don't got through the same quality check procedures as items manufactured elsewhere. It's one reason why they are comparatively cheap. Remember trials is a very small part of the cycling industry (this isn't road cycling or mountain biking!) and as such comparatively small production runs are made. In any other industry these small production runs would result in high prices to ensure a certain level of quality; but trials parts are relatively cheap. As such the quality can suffer. You can't have both, there will always be a compromise.

You've got two options, pick one and quit moaning about it.

You've got two options, pick one and quit moaning about it.

I'm quite aware about my two options as I wrote above. The thing is that recently I have a lot to moan about because things just don't fit or work!

Frames that don't work with the advertised gear ratio, stems that can't clamp a bar tight enough to prevent bar slipping, stems that are not welded straight so that the bar is 2cm higher on one side.... Echo TR freewheels that brake after 1 month of use.

It appears to me that I'm attracting crap products even though I don't buy the cheapest stuff out there and read before I buy actually. I am sick of warranty issues because they keep me from riding. Only this month I had to return 3 products under warranty and got new ones but every time have to wait. That's basically what I'm actually on about.

I want to ride and not wait for companies to revise their crap products!

Edited by niconj

Jesus christ why is everyone bitching so much here...

If I where you I'd just grind the rotor down a tad.

I did have a slight rub on my saint back in the day (hehe) and I just rode it down untill it sort of "bedded in". That does depend on how much it actually rubs though? :)

Jesus christ why is everyone bitching so much here... Not everyone, just me.

If I where you I'd just grind the rotor down a tad.

Have you actually tried grinding down a steel rotor by 2mm? I did and it's near to impossible to do it right because the heat produced warps the rotor that much, that you can't use it anymore.

edit: I'm not actually sure that 2mm would be enough as the axle is in its lowest position and raises the rotor when tightening the chain.

Edited by niconj

You're asking for help and complaining about some legit answers you're getting. What's the point?

Re-read my entry post. There's not a single question, just ranting.

he already has a racingline. ive told you already. you should have just bought a saint.

I had a Saint (or rather a Zee with a 810 Saint lever) and it broke after a months use.

if you really wanted to ride you would just put the HS33 back on and go ride.

I do ride but if you've had a Saint on the rear a HS33, even with a Racing Line lever, is just not enough especially when riding in muddy and wet conditions as I have done a lot these past days. That's why I bought a Trialzone because I think it won't crack like the Saint and has the same power. It just doesn't fit and if I send in my frame, there's no riding whatsoever.

Edited by niconj